49

Irene is 19

Irene went home crestfallen. Lisa ran away in the middle of the argument, not saying what she meant. She tried to wipe the tears that went dry on her face.
When she entered their house, her Nana is waiting for
her.

"I guess whatever you tried to do didn't work." Ji Hyun said.

Irene looked at her grandma.

"Let's go to my office."

It's like a dejavu as Irene followed her grandmother to her office. She's been inside but not in the last five years.
Inside is almost similar as Grandma Ji-woo's office. The right side is full of magazine covers in frames. Most of them are her grandma's when she was young. Her eyes are maybe deceiving her but she has a resemblance with Jisoo For now she can't tell because Jisoo's face is always bare. What caught her attention is the only cover that isn't her grandma.

'CF December 2021'

"That's Lisa's grandma." Her Nana spoke. "She looks like Lisa but she always sported short hair when we were young." Irene traced In-na's much younger face. Her eyes are the same as Lisa's, the type of eyes that can read your soul.

"That's your Grandmama's favorite issue. They worked together for that cover." "But that's not the reason why we're here."

Ji Hyun pointed the chair for Irene to sit while she sat on the table's chair.
Irene started fidgeting her fingers. This scenario is way too familiar.

"I.." Ji Hyun starting speaking. "I would like to apologize, Irene."

The statement puzzled Irene. She looks at her grandma with a sad expression on her face. "For what, grandma?"

"For instilling in your mind that you should marry Lisa when you two get older."

Irene looked down and started tracing the lines on her palm.

"We-I thought I was doing the right thing, not knowing it will cause a mess between you two." Ji Hyun continues. "It took one angry phone call from In-na for me to realize that I was wrong. Your Grandmama says so too." "That's why I agreed to let it go. You are free and I am sorry." Her grandma finished teary-eyed.

"B-but what if I still want to marry her, grandma?"

Her grandma smiled, her smile is forced that you'll think she's having a toothache. "You remind me of my bestfriend. She made the wrong decisions and when she had the enough courage to do the right thing, it's too late."

"W-what do you mean, grandma?"

Ji Hyun unlocked her laptop and and rotated it's screen allowing Irene to see the video that is playing.

It's a CCTV that is maybe situated on the top of their gate, she's not aware of that. A car stopped where an untidy Irene came out followed by Seulgi from the driver's side.

Irene closed her eyes, not wanting to see.

"Open your eyes and watch, Irene." Her grandma said in a commanding tone. With difficulty she opened her eyes right at the same time Seulgi leaned and kissed her in which she responded. It felt like Irene is looking at a person that she doesn't know.

"This is just one of the few, Irene." "Now, look closely." "Look at the car on the other side of the street."

To Irene's horror, it's Lisa's car.

"If In-na finds out about this, you'll never see Lisa for the rest of your life."