112 - Part II

Irene is 20

Lisa opened the buttons of her suit jacket while Jisoo removed her pants, revealing a short skirt.

The modern dance-pop music transitioned to a classical dance music. When Lisa and Jisoo walks hand in hand, Irene knew.

Tango.

They are to dance tango.

Grandma Ji-woo tapped Irene's arms and whispered.
"Close your eyes, Irene."

Irene shook her head, not removing her gaze on the stage.
"No, grandma..
I want to watch."

In her peripheral, Grandma Ji-woo nodded.

A lone spotlight follow the movements of the two, highlighting the entire performance.

For the first time, Irene is watching the most painful thing that she'd seen in her entire life. Lisa and Jisoo's faces are almost touching. It is painful but still she can see the beauty in their dance.

The intimacy. The maturity. The sharpness. The passion. In Irene's view and interpretation, the dance is too..

..heartbreaking.

When the last part came, Jisoo looks like she's about to kiss Lisa but Lisa dodged it, hitting her cheek. Jisoo's face reflected loss and sadness. Irene felt the hair at the back of her neck rise.

The entire stage lit up, revealing the rest of the team in pairs and danced to the last 30 seconds of their piece.

The song ended with the other five pairs pressed against each other. On the other hand, Jisoo is slumped on the floor with her shoulders shaking while Lisa's back is turned on her. Right at the same time, tears escaped from Irene's eyes.

Thunderous applause erupted in the whole arena. Irene can see the judges scribbling fast in their score sheets.

"Oh my god, that was beautiful." Grandma Ji-woo commented. Her nose is red and looks like she teared up too. Grandma In-na is rubbing her wife's back.

"Look." Grandma In-na points at the judges who are scurrying out of their seats to go to the backstage.

"If Lisa is already this good, her opportunities are endless." Grandma Ji-woo said. Irene is listening but she is itching to go to the backstage too.

"Yes, grandma." Irene said while her eyes are glued to the direction of the backstage.

"She's art herself."