106

Lisa is 19
Jisoo is 20

It's past 8pm on a Wednesday. Lisa and Jisoo are still trying to complete the routine that will be the highlight of their competition piece that will occur in a month. The rest of the team already left, leaving the two. They haven't talked about the two of them— Jisoo avoided the topic very well as if her post never happened and it somehow bothers Lisa. Irene is always bringing that up and she wants to end it because it's tiring and to be honest, she's not doing anything wrong.

"Okay, stop." Lisa said, slightly panting. Jisoo halted. She's aware that her movements became stiff since their groupmates left. She looked at Lisa with a guilty face.
"We can't continue like this, captain. I need you." Lisa added. Her words made Jisoo's heart stop beating. Lisa must've noticed Jisoo's reaction and clears her throat.
"Err. I mean we need to do this perfectly."

"Right." Jisoo replied.

They started doing the routine again with Jisoo spinning and Lisa to catch her. Still dancing stiffly, Jisoo miscalculated the spin and her left foot hit her right calf, causing for her to become out of balance. Expecting her body to hit the floor, she closed her eyes to prepare for the impact instead she landed on Lisa's body who grunted when Jisoo's shoulder hit her arm. Jisoo immediately sat down to look at Lisa who's eyes are closed and looks like she's in pain.

"El. Are you okay?"
"Where does it hurt?" Jisoo asked, sounding worried.

Lisa opened her eyes and looks at Jisoo.
"No. No. I am okay." Lisa replied. "Jesus, Jisoo! You can't be too careless or you'll end up hurting yourself! " Lisa added as she sat down while removing dirt from her clothes. When she's satisfied, she looks back at Jisoo who looks like she's about to cry.

"Oh no no no. Please don't cry." Lisa pleads but tears are already falling from Jisoo's eyes, wetting her cheeks. She kneels in front of the girl in panic and hastily wiped her hands on her joggers before wiping the tears from Jisoo's face.

"I'm not mad I promise.." Lisa said. Jisoo wiped the corner of her eyes. Her nose is already red. This is the reason why she doesn't like crying. Her grandpa didn't raise her to become weak.

"..but I think we need to stop for today." Lisa added.
Jisoo didn't answer. She became busy twisting the hem of her croptop.

Lisa almost rolled her eyes. She's not annoyed because just that right at that moment, Jisoo is behaving like Irene. Which is very unlikely.

Lisa stood up and offers her hand.
"Let's go. I'll take you to dinner then we'll go home."

They ended up eating at a takoyaki stand outside the school. Lisa found out that Jisoo likes seafood too. The way she gobbled the scallop takoyaki amused Lisa.

"Come. I'll take you home." Lisa offered.

Jisoo looked at her like she wants to say something but she just reached for her wallet, stood up and walked towards Lisa's car. She waited for Lisa to unlock the door and went inside quietly while Lisa just shook her head while muttering 'women'.

Lisa started her car and drove directly to the direction of Jisoo's house. The faint sound of a woman singing about not wanting to wait is the only thing that keeps Lisa sane. Jisoo haven't uttered a single word after she ordered her food. Somehow, Lisa wants to know what's going on inside her head. Jisoo used to be carefree around her and it just changed overnight after the last time they went to the bar where she saw a picture of the young (and still alive) Jieun and Ji Hyun. The day after she posted Lisa's picture that was captured during one of the early mornings that she felt vulnerable.