77

irenebae posted via Myday

@ lalisamanoban you're my sunflower even if you're allergic.

Irene is 19

"You seem happier these days." Ji Hyun said. The grandmother and granddaughter pair are busy tending the small sunflower field that her grandmother set-up behind their house. A few meters away from the Manoban's property.

"Yeah."
"I went to the camp with them and learned new techniques, grandma."

"Well, that's good." Ji Hyun replied.

"Grandma..."

Ji Hyun looked at her granddaughter, wondering what's the issue this time. She suspected that Irene is up to something when she volunteered to remove weeds with her.

"Uh."

Ji Hyun waited.

"I think I want to be a perfomer? Like.. sing and dance, grandma."

Ji Hyun was dumbfounded. Never in her life that she observed that her granddaughter wants to be one.

"A-are you disappointed, grandma?" Irene carefully asked.

"No..." Ji Hyun reached for her granddaughter's earth-covered hand. "..but are you sure?"

Irene rectracted her hand from her grandmother's hold and started playing with her fingers.

"B-been thinking about it, grandma. Being a lawyer w-was a childhood dream b-but it changed. I don't want to dedicate my time in something I didn't really want."
"I am already regretting what happened with L-lisa. I don't want any regrets in the future again." Irene whispered.

Ji Hyun looked at her granddaughter with a sad expression on her face and then smiled.
"I'll call your Grandma Hye Kyo and set something up. Okay?"

Irene smiled back and nodded.