116

Irene is 20Jennie is 20

Irene is 20
Jennie is 20

Irene's eyes widened upon reading Jennie's messages. She didn't send a reply but she bolted out of her room quickly. She marched to the direction of the Manoban's barefoot. Her feet feels like it is getting scalded because of the heat of the pavement.

She entered the house without warning and climbed the stairs without stopping, ignoring Jennie who is at the living room.

When she opens Lisa's room, she had to step out again to make sure that she entered the right one. She entered the room again and looked around. The room is empty except for the dirty mattress and the smell of  paint. The huge mirror at the opposite side of the bed is missing. It is just a wall painted in white. The vinyl cabinet is gone as well as the huge chest at the corner of the room. Her feet felt dirty because of the newly mopped floor. Some of planks on the floor are missing.
Feeling that her heart is about to burst, she left the room to talk to Jennie.

"Where is Lisa?" Irene asked.

"Gone." Jennie answered shortly.

"Gone. What do you mean gone?"

"GONE, IRENE. IT MEANS SHE LEFT!" Jennie yelled. She is glaring at Irene with hatred.
Jennie threw a stack of papers to Irene.
"YOU FUCKING SCREWED UP AGAIN!"

Irene is stunned. Jennie is never violent and she'd never seen her this mad.

Jennie picks up her phone and shoved it to Irene's face.
There's a screenshot of Lisa's message to Jisoo dated today at 4:00 AM.

'Tell Seulgi she can have her.'

The short message broke Irene's heart into a million pieces. She's been holding up since last night but this time, she can't stop herself anymore.

She cried.

The noise caught the attention of Lisa's grandmothers. They went out of the study together, holding each other.

They looked at Irene with pity.

"W-where did s-she go?"

Both of the elders shook their head.

"I was guarding her." Jennie said in defeat.

"She went out through her window." Grandma In-na said. "Like how Lois' is sneaking out every night."

"The cats!" Irene said in exhilaration. "She will never leave them!"

Grandma Ji-woo shook her head again.
"She took them."

"Damn it." Jennie said. "I should've checked them early when I heard them hissing." She said sadly.
Jennie picked up a couple of papers that fell on the floor and handed them to Irene.
"She's supposed to ask you to tour around Europe for the next three weeks..

..Now goodluck finding her yourself."