55

kimjisoo posted via MyDay

@ lalisamanoban : you were born to dance

Irene is 19

Irene is 19

Irene stared at her blank ig. Lisa blocked her and tears started welling again. How many times she cried for the past week, she doesn't know. Tonight is the year end party and she didn't want to come but her friends forced her by making a point that they will rarely see each other when they part ways next school year. The only upside is watching Lisa dance but after her performance, Irene went hiding inside one of the restroom's cubicles and turned off her phone.

The door opened and Irene heard people enter.

"God, Lisa is so fucking hot." A voice said.

"So true. Can't believe Irene let that slip. Damn. I was drooling during her performance." Another voice said while giggling.

"And the fucking abs, goddamn. Brrr.
Too bad Irene cheated on her." Added another voice.

"What?!"
"For real?!"

"Yup. One of the other girl's friends is my cousin who also went here. She told me because she recognized Irene. Irene frequents the girl's apartment."

"Bitch must be crazy."

"True. She gatekeeped Lisa for years, I was one of the first people who sent her letters but I had to stop because clearly seeing how Lisa looks at Irene I didn't stand a chance."

The door opened and the group of girls went quiet.

"Hi, Jisoo." One of the voices said.

"Hello." Another voice replied. Irene assumed it's Jisoo. The sound of the faucet being turned on muffled the voices.

"Great work with Lisa. She's really a good dancer."

"Thanks. But it's all on her. In three years she's almost as good as everyone on the team." Jisoo shares while the sound of the open faucet disappered. Maybe she knows who these girls are. "I need to go."

Then another sound of the door opening and closing.

"Shit we are all of equal footing. May the best bitch win."

"Yes!"
"Right!"

"Let's go. Maybe we can ambush Lisa on her way out and ask for her number."

Irene heard footsteps and another opening and closing of the door then the restroom became quiet. She went out of the cubicle and washed her face, removing the ruined make-up. She looked at herself, red nose and eyes still puffy. As much as she wants to yell at those girls, they are right. Now everyone will be after Lisa and she can't do anything about it. They may have said hurtful things but they were respectful of her when she told them to stay away from Lisa years ago.

When she looks decent enough, she went out.

The school is almost empty, the grounds is littered with empty wrappers of food and cups. The last wave of students are on their way out. With her head down, Irene made her way to the direction where her car is parked.

"Irene?" Someone called.
"IRENE!" This time, louder.

Irene looked at her right and saw Seulgi standing. She must've been waiting for her the entire night. Irene doesn't want to deal with her anymore that's why she blocked her across all channels of communication and prayed for her to get the message but here she is, looking for her.

To make the matters worse, the dance team is also on their way out. Seulgi's voice must've caught their attention and they are all looking at the two of them including Lisa and Jennie. Jennie looks disappointed while Lisa is just staring blankly. With Lisa's face devoid of any emotion, she saw Jisoo reach for her hand. Lisa didn't even hesitate and allowed Jisoo to take her away. For the second time in a week, Lisa turned her back on Irene.

At that moment Irene's confusion was finally answered, she doesn't want the one who is standing right in front of her.

Her heart yearns for the one who walked away.