35

lalisamanoban posted via MyDay

Irene is 18
Lisa is 17

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Irene asks the younger girl.

"Yup. Message me once you're done. Okay?"

"Okay."

Irene leaned and gave Lisa a peck on the lips that sent a blush to the younger girl's face.
"For goodluck." She winks and left.

Lisa took out the book that Jisoo lent her, planning to read it because Jennie made her. A Paulo Coelho.
She sat on one of the benches beside the long walkway. The huge tree is giving shade, allowing her to hide from the direct sunlight.

She looks around, wondering how the university used to look like almost five decades ago. Her Dad and Mom grew up in Spain and they left right after she was born. The stories she heard about the school mostly came from Grandma Hye Kyo. Her grandmother though they are as close as a grandparent and a grandchild should be, rarely shares anything about the school.
Lisa knows that as much as how compelling the school feels like, she's not going here and the adjustments that her and Irene needs to do. She knows that the other girl doesn't really agree with the path that she wants to take but when her Grandma adviced her to do the things that she wants to do, she felt relieved.

She doesn't need to work as hard as her grandmother used to. Her grandmothers set up a trust fund when she was born and she will have a full access once she's 18. Her parents are living off the businesses that her grandmothers built in Spain.

They made a point that they want her to be happy and she hates to admit it but she's lost and all she can think is she wants to dance and refine her skills.

"Lisa?"

Lisa looks up.

"Jisoo?"
"What are you doing here?"

"I came with my mom, err she's a professor. She needs help later to record the scores."

Lisa nodded in acknowledgement and patted the empty side of the bench for Jisoo to sit.

"I guess you are here because Irene is taking the exam?" Jisoo asks as she sat.

"Yup."
"They said the exam can make you sweat blood."
Lisa answered.

Jisoo chuckled.
"I would never know." she replies.

"Why?"

"Children of the faculty aren't required to take the exam because who are we fooling, they will tell us the answers or make us review materials that are covered in the exam."

"Sounds fair."
"And time conserving."

A moment of silence passed by.

"Are you planning to sit here the whole morning? The exam will end at 1PM and it's only-" Jisoo looks at her wrist watch "8"

"Do you have any ideas?"

"Interested in street food?" Jisoo asked.

Lisa never had any yet.

"Ugh. I guess I can try?"

"Okay. Let's go."