115

Lisa is 19
Jisoo is 20

Jisoo is about to stand up when Lisa spoke again.
"Why did you write the letters, Sooya?"

Jisoo froze. She sat back on the bench. She wipe her eyes that is brimming with tears.

"For Jieun..

..B-because nobody remembers her anymore. Those are the poems that she wrote expressing her love for your grandma. The name was the name she thought
shed'd name their child." Jisoo smiles sadly.

Jisoo looks at Lisa.

"At first I was writing because I want to share their story with you. That there will be the two of us who'll be a part of them because both of us are really a part of them."
"T-those letters became my feelings too. I want you, I want you like how Jieun's soul craved for In-na when she was alive. That when In-na left, she functioned normally but deep inside she's already dead."
"That somehow we owe them their happy ending."
Jisoo started tearing up again.

"But when I saw you with Irene and she already claimed you when we were 12, I know I am fighting a battle that I wouldn't win."

"I thought I have the right to claim you. That you are supposed to be with me. That's why the letters never stopped because in those papers, you are mine.

I found a picture of them in one of grandma Jieun's old books, I realized you already found the one who will fulfill their happy ending with you."

Jisoo scooted close and held Lisa's right cheek then looked straight into her eyes. Jisoo's eyes are red and the tears won't stop falling.

"I hope she will love you way more than I love you because you deserve it..

..In this life I am thankful that it's you who took away my firsts. I'll never regret them, I hope you won't too."

Jisoo let go of Lisa and stood up.

"I will leave this place with the memory of everything I said. When we see each other tomorrow, I-I will be your friend. I will be the Jisoo who wants to move forward."

Jisoo walked away not allowing Lisa to utter a single word.