70

Irene is 19

Irene was the first one to wake up. When she opened her eyes and looked at the surroundings, she felt that everything isn't familiar. It was dark last night when the four of them entered Lisa's room and she was too tired to look around. Now that the sun is peeking through Lisa's window, she can now see the entire space.

Irene carefully sat, avoiding to wake the other three and inspected her surroundings.

Lisa had her room renovated and redecorated. The light purple paint on the wall was gone and was replaced by light gray. On the far end of the room, there's a huge mirror beside the stairs for the rooftop access. The clutter that usually litter Lisa's room are now gone. Her toy case full of Funko pops that they collected over the years are nowhere to be seen and were replaced by vinyl records. The bed itself isn't queensized anymore, no wonder the four of them were able to fit comfortably. The bedframe is new too. The only thing that didn't change is the framed photograph of Lisa's family on the new bedside table.
The photo of her and Lisa when she turned 18 was gone too.

Irene looked at the sleeping form of the younger girl. She's too focused on how she can make everything right not realizing the amount of pain that Lisa went through.

What they say about pain is true. It changes people.