54

Irene is 19

"Stop looking!" Yeri elbowed Irene, removing her gaze from Lisa and Jisoo who are eating their lunch together, too close for Irene's liking. Seeing them sent a bad taste on her mouth.

"S-sorry." Irene muttered.

"Can't believe you'd do that." Jinyoung said while he sips from his cup of milk tea.

"True. We were just joking." Wendy added.

"But who are we to judge. You can really do whatever you want to do." Joy said.

The other three looked at her.

"What?! I am just telling the truth."
"In two weeks we are all graduating and leave this place while Lisa will be here. She can move on, Irene can be with what's-her-name. Problem solved."

"But is it what Irene want to do?" Yeri asked.

"Please, if she doesn't want it, she would've not done it." Joy replied.

Irene is being brutally confronted by her friends and she can't say anything. What they are saying is true and all she can do is cry.

"Now you made her cry, Joy." Jinyoung said while offering his handkerchief to Irene.

As Irene wipes her eyes, she caught Lisa looking who immediately averted her gaze and went back conversing with Jisoo with a smile on her face.

The truth is finally sinking in. She lost Lisa.

Irene realized that for the first time in years, a decade even, Lisa isn't present to wipe away her tears.