40.

WARNING: THE START OF THIS CHAPTER MIGHT BE TRIGGERING BECAUSE OF A MEMORY SKIP THIS PART IF YOU WISH.

When did you go back home? You looked around your room, last thing you remember was you falling asleep on Baji... You heard sniffles and left your room, wait... Where they coming from the bathroom? You felt your eyes widen and you tried to go back to bed, no no no! I remember this- you couldn't control your body, and so you peeked in, and saw your mother on the floor, a bottle of pills on her hand as she took pill after pill, her wrists along with other parts of her body where purple and she was crying, your thirteen year old self rushed to her "Who did this to you?!" She sucked in her tears and gave you a shaky smile, and you hated how you were seeing this again... "It's nothing Pumpkin, just a..." She choked on her tears and turned away so you wouldn't see her crying "J-just a difficult client..."

NOW IT'S SAFE, PLEASE ENJOY THE CHAPTER!

You held onto the first thing you reached, and that just so happened to be Baji who was about to wake you up, "Woah, are you ok?!" He touched your forehead, it was hard to breath and you looked everywhere but him, you looked panicked, he looked at the door of Chifuyu's room, Kazutora was on the bathroom and Chifuyu was getting snacks, he held your face with both hands and made you look at him "Hey [Name], I'm here, focus on me alright?" You gulped and nodded "Alright, now breath" you did as Baji told you and one of his hands went to the back of your head "There" he kneeled in front of you and pushed your head so it would be resting on his shoulder and then started massaging your scalp.

"Better now?" You nodded and closed your eyes 'This was nice...' You weren't used to affection that wasn't from Ran or your mother, and those four years in the juvenile center didn't help with that. Baji sneaked his free hand and you and pulled you into him for a hug "Thanks..." He chuckled "Don't thank me... This is nothing compare to what you did to me" 

At that moment Baji realized that you weren't the blood thirsty devil who only cared about money that everyone thought​ you were, you were human, you felt fear... Love... He buried his head on your shoulder, he had realized that when you patched his wound without asking for anything in return but still... He didn't think he would see this... He didn't think he would see someone as strong as you being so vulnerable, so frail, in front of him, but he can't lie, the fact that he saw a side of you that almost no one knows makes him feel all giddy.

"What is this" he pulled away from the hug and turned to the door so fast that he got dizzy, there stood Kazutora staring down at Baji with a blank face "Uh, she-" he gulped "I almost hit my head, so Baji held me until I woke up" you smiled st Kazutora and he nodded with a him "Thanks Baji" Baji just chuckled nervously, although Kazutora was smiling it somehow felt threatening.

After some minutes Chifuyu walked in holding snacks and drinks, he smiled at you and Baji but glared at Kazutora -who glared right back at him- following Chifuyu was a chubby black cat "Ohh~ what's their name?!" You covered your mouth as you stared at the black cat who stared at you and Kazutora curiously "He's Peke J" you pet his chin "Hello Peke J~" Chifuyu chuckled as he saw Peke sit on your lap "Oh my he's so cute" you used both of your hands to pet him "It seems that he likes you!" 

You looked up at Chifuyu "Hey, I have a cat too, maybe I could bring her to meet Peke J one day!" Kazutora scowled as you and Chifuyu talked happily about your cats "You do?!" You nodded "Yeah! Her name is Nami, ahh you have to meet her, she stays on my friend's bar and she's just so lovely!!" Baji pouted "She didn't like me..." You smiled at him "It's not that she doesn't like you, she just has trouble trusting people when she first meets them, she was a stray when I found her after all" Chifuyu blinked "Really?" You nodded "I assume she was treated bad by her old owners by the way she reacted to me trying to help, it took me a whole month to get on her good side..." You frowned as you remembered the state Nami was in when you first found her "She was pretty young... Anyway!" 

"Can I read one of your mangas?" You grinned at Chifuyu who blushed "Ah... Sure but... Most of the ones I have are... shoujo manga..." you chuckled "There's no need to be embarrassed about that, a bit of romance and cliche is always good!" You got up while holding Peke J and started looking at Chifuyu's mangas "Ohh! You have Kaichou wa maid-sama!!" You grabbed the manga and sat beside him "Yeah, did you read it before?" He grinned at you "I did! Misa is so cool right?!" He nodded enthusiastically.

While you two read the manga together and talked about it Baji and Kazutora looked at each other 'Have they forgotten about us?'

⊹ ⋆゚꒰ఎ ♡ ໒꒱ ⋆゚⊹

I'll make Peke J and Nami meet each other even if it's the last thing I do-

I'll go to sleep now, goodnight for those who should be asleep now, good morning for those who are waking up, and good afternoon/evening for those who are reading this during the afternoon / evening