02. Music For Whatever You Want

"What the fuck am I going to wear?!"

Gracie giggles quietly as yet another dress is thrown in the floor. The giggle quickly subsides when Matilda's groans take over the room. "I heard that!" 

Gracie giggles again. "Til, do you think that maybe there's a slight possibility you're being a little extra about this?" She asks. Tilly comes out in a long red dress with tank top sleeves. Gracie laughs at the extravagance of the dress for a sushi restaurant. "What do you mean?" Tilly asks innocently and Gracie laughs even harder. 

"Grace, stop! What is it?" Tilly asks. She then sighs as she sits next to her friend. "Ok... maybe I am being a tad bit extra. But Gracie, it's Harry mother-fucking Styles." She says. "Ok and? You're Matilda mother-fucking Ryan. And I'm Gracie mother-fucking Roberts."

"I'm being serious, y'know." Tilly stands up and stares out at the cars. She wished she could switch lives with one of those people. Their lives couldn't be nearly as stressful as hers, right? Wow, that had to be the most insensitive thought to ever cross her mind. Those people had real life problems and what was hers? Going to dinner with Harry mother-fucking Styles? Please. 

"Hellooo. Matilda!" Tilly quickly put her attention back to her friend. "You will be fine. I promise. Find something sensible to wear then you'll be all set." Matilda knew that Gracie was right. Instead of arguing with her, which she so wanted to do, she shut her mouth and went back into the changing room. 

...

Tilly was wearing a silver crop top with a matching pencil skirt. She took Gracie's advice of not dressing too crazy. After styling her hair into a long braid down her shoulder, she caught a cab down to the sushi restaurant. 

She arrived and luckily, she had arrived before Harry, meaning she wouldn't be subject to his paparazzi troop that followed him around like lost puppies. She got them a table and while waiting, he slipped in beside her. 

"Oh, hey. Sorry, I hope you weren't waiting terribly long. I should have mentioned that I'm always a few minutes late." He said this quite sadly, she knew in that moment that he wasn't responsible for when he arrived places. It was most likely the paparazzi that decided. 

"Oh no," she said with an honest smile, "I've barely been here ten minutes. Don't worry. The table isn't even ready yet." The way she handled everything made him feel completely better. She was so honest and just outright amazing about everything. 

Another ten minutes later, they were finally seated. Harry made some faces as he looked over the menu. Tilly took notice of this. "Are you ok?" She asked this a bit nervously, fearing she was the reason for his discomfort. He shrugged. "This place needs to be livened up." He simply said. He was right, the dull place was almost unbearable. There was no music or anything. Just the chatter of other people about only God knows what. It quite frankly sucked. 

"You know, you're right. Maybe you'll upgrade in your career and you can create music for sushi restaurants." She joked this and Harry laughed. "One could only dream, Matilda." He said, causing the girl to giggle. He wanted to hear that sound forever. 

They ordered their food and did the usual date chit-chat that was basically necessary for dates all over. To her shock, the rule still applied to famous people. 

"Emerson is a huge deal, Matilda. Ive heard wonderful things. You should be very proud of yourself." 

She smiled shyly and nodded. "Thank you, I truly am. Though there's so much more I wish I could do. However, my mom and my brother need me more." She said. Harry frowns a bit. "I truly don't get it. Wouldn't they rather see you thrive and be happy instead of keeping you hostage?" He asked, not in a rude way at all, he genuinely was stumped on this. 

"I don't know, Harry.. there needs are more important than what I want. It's no big deal." 

Harry sat back in his seat. The way she said this while staring in his eyes... this was the moment he decided that he loved her. 

...

Harry walks out with her, using her scarf as a disguise to divert any attention away from them. "Would you like to come by my hotel for a bit? I really don't want to say goodbye just yet." He asked this. Tilly slowly nodded. "Oh, sure.. I thought you lived in London though?" She asked curiously. He shook his head. "Manchester." He said quite simply. 

He let her into his hotel room. She sat down on the couch in his room. He grabbed a cake that he had gotten prior and came to the couch with her. "According to Mr. Ryan, your birthday is in two days." 

Tilly blushed. Not even Lionel had something this sweet for her and she'd known him for years longer than Harry. She was blown away by his sweetness. "Oh Harry..." She softly whispered and looked up at him. Their lips were just a couple inches apart. She kissed him softly then quickly moved back, completely ashamed and embarrassed with herself. What about Lionel? What about the fucking fact this was their first date? Wait.. she's on a date with another man. 

Despite his calling and pleading, Matilda ran out of his room. She hurried down the steps of the hotel and reached the lobby. She hurriedly got out her phone; calling Jasmine. 

"Are you insane?!" Jasmine was all but supportive. Lionel was golden to her and Poppy. "I don't care if it's a fucking prince, you cheated on Lionel." She said and Tilly stood up. "Now wait just a second- nothing happened. Nothing happened." Matilda said. 

"Tilly, I don't care. Lionel is a great guy. I'm sorry but I have to tell him." 

Matilda quickly hung the phone up. No way. She says 'he's a great guy' but she has no idea. She has no idea.

Tilly calls a cab and arrives back at her dad's place. As she walked through the door, he smiled at her. "Tilly! How was your night?' He asked. Tilly faked a smile. "It was great." She almost whispered. "Oh well great, good, I'm very glad. He's attending the dinner tomorrow night so you can see him again! I know you can't wait. Now go get some sleep, you can confer with Gracie in the morning." 

In walk of shame form, Tilly took of her heels and walked with them in hand up to her room. Great, she thought. She walked out on the guy and would have to sit next to him at dinner tomorrow night. That should be a damn blast... not.

It's me, hi. I haven't uploaded in probably months but I have like five parts written for this and I really want to continue this book, maybe start something else too. So yeah, God willing I will be uploading once, twice if I'm lucky, a day. 

Anyway, enjoy!! 

- Kendall <3