28. Bye Baby

Matilda was quiet as she stared out the window. She was going back to New York and she was so upset about it, she did not want to go. She knew she was going to miss her boyfriend. And Gracie and Billie. And her dad. Since Harry drove there, Gracie was driving back with Billie in the front seat beside her. Harry was next to Matilda in the back and noticed how quiet she was. Even though it was five in the morning, he knew that tiredness was not the main reason she was being so silent. 

He placed his hand on her leg, causing her to look at him. "It's ok, my love... I won't be away from you long. I'm going to come the weekend after my birthday then I am going to come for Valentine's Day. It's kind of good that we are public now because I won't have to sneak around in New York." He said. 

She smiled a little bit at what he said and nodded. "Yeah... I just really like being with you everyday." She said then gasped. "Oh my God..." She whispered and he frowned. "What's wrong?" He asked. 

"I never told my mom and stepdad. Or my friend Poppy. They found out online..." She said and he sighed. "Fuck... I'm sorry." He said and she shook her head. "No, it's ok, I'll deal with it... I completely forgot about them." She said. 

"I read an article all about you, Matilda. They were looking through all of your socials trying to find out who you are." Gracie said. Tilly's jaw dropped. "Holy fuck, that's kind of scary." She said, sitting back in her seat with a bit of a shocked look on her face. Harry frowned and held her. "Oh, baby.." He whispered and kissed the side of her face. 

"Honey, it's ok... I signed up for this." She said and he shook his head. "No, it's not ok. That is creepy as hell and they don't need to fucking stalk you like that." He said. 

"Damn, James Dean, you are in protective mode now, huh?" 

"I don't play when it comes to her." 

Matilda blushed and laid her head on his shoulder, holding his hand tight and bringing it to her lips for a kiss. He smiled and ran his hands through her hair. "I love you." He whispered and she looked up at him. "I love you too." She whispered back. 

...

A few hours later, they were in London. They stopped at Kevin's penthouse to get the rest of Matilda's bags and Kevin so that he could send her off too. Gracie and Kevin got her stuff while Matilda looked around her room. Harry came up and wrapped his arms around her from behind. 

"Mm..." She hummed happily and leaned back into her boyfriend. He smiled softly. "This month went by so fast.." He whispered and she nodded. "It did... too fast. I want to be here with you forever." She said. 

He smiled and Kevin came up to them. "Are you ready, kids?" He asked and Harry nodded, taking Matilda's hand. "Yeah, we are. Let's go." He said. 

They all piled up into the car and headed towards the airport. Once there, they waited for her flight to be called. After about an hour, it was time for her to board her flight. 

"Bye Matilda!" Billie exclaimed and hugged her. Gracie smiled and hugged her best friend. "Bye bitch, I'll come soon and visit." Gracie said. Matilda smiled and hugged them both. "Bye girls. Billie, it was so great to meet you and you better come visit, Grace." She said and giggled a bit. 

Her dad came up to her and gave her a very tight hug. "I'll be in New York in March for a fashion show and I'll see you then, ok Tilly bug? Be good and be safe, I love you." He said and she smiled, hugging him back. "I will and I'll see you then, daddy." She said. 

She looked at Harry who was actually tearing up. Upon seeing him, tears flew down her face and she ran to him and he picked her up, holding her tight and placing many kisses on her head. 

"I love you Tilly, I love you so much. I'll see you in just a couple of weeks, ok? It won't be long... I love you, be safe, ok?" 

Matilda nodded and wiped her eyes then kissed him passionately. She did not want to leave him at all. She always hated telling him goodbye. "I love you too, I'll see you soon. Bye, baby." She said. 

She smiled and waved to them then boarded her flight. She got to her seat and sighed a little bit. She put in her earbuds and listened to Lana Del Rey as the plane took off and headed towards New York.