15. Twas The Night Before England

Matilda was sitting in class. It was the last day before Christmas break. This time tomorrow, she would be on a plane to England. And she will get to stay there for a whole month. Nothing could ruin her day today. She didn't give a damn that her ex-friend and ex-boyfriend were sucking each other's faces two seats in front of her because tomorrow, she would get to see her boyfriend Harry Styles.

She sat through the rest of the insanely boring class before meeting her friend Poppy outside.

"We have two hours before our next class, let's go eat."

Matilda nodded at her friend and they ended up at Taco Bell. She sat with her friend and they ate lunch together.

"Did you see Lionel and Jasmine?" Poppy asked with a disgusted look on her face.

Matilda laughed at the look on Poppy's face and nodded. "Yes, oh my god. I'm honestly embarrassed for them. They make me sick." She responded. "I don't understand how talking about Edgar Allen Poe's storytelling could turn someone on like that." Poppy said and Matilda almost spit out her drink.

"You are crazy." She said which caused Poppy to laugh even more than she already was.

...

Matilda was doing some homework when Harry FaceTimed her. She answered and propped the phone up on some books that were on her desk while she continued typing on her laptop.

"Well then, hello to you too."

She sighed and rolled her eyes playfully. "Harry, I am trying to get all the work I need done so I don't have anything that can take away from our time together." She said and he immediately shut up, causing her to laugh.

"Yeah, quiet now too, huh?"

He laughed now and shook her head. "Sorry, damn. Whatcha working on?" He asked. "A research paper. We all had to pick one story by Edgar Allen Poe and do an in-depth, detailed analysis on it. I chose The Tell-Tale Heart." She said which caused him to smile. He loved listening to her explain just about anything.

"That sounds amazing," He said, "Also, guess where I am?"

She looked at the phone, she hadn't noticed he was standing in quite a busy building until now since she had been so distracted. "Where are you?" She asked.

"The airport. My flight for London leaves in thirty minutes, that's why I was calling you."

She gasped and almost jumped out of her seat. "Are you fucking serious?!" She smiled and he nodded. "I am."

"Oh, it's starting to become so real. The fact that soon I'll be with you is just... it's so insane. It's been so long. It's almost been like I've been dating my phone and now I can actually see you in person, I'm so fucking excited."

"Aw, Til." He said causing her to smile in response. They talked a little bit more until they started to call for his flight.

"Ok, dear, I'll talk to you soon ok?" He said and she nodded. "Call me when you arrive, I'm sure I'll still be up. Half because of this paper and half because I am too excited to sleep." She said.

He nodded and got off the phone. Right after he hung up, Miles walked into her room. "I heard you talking to Harry." He said with a smirk and she smiled.

"Yes, I was. What's up?"

He smiled sweetly. "Want to play a board game since I won't see you for a month?" He asked with a cute little smile. She felt so bad that she would have to reject his offer.

"Kiddo, I'm sorry, I have a research paper I have to get done..." She said. His smile immediately fell and he slowly nodded.

"Oh, ok.."

Matilda watched him walk away and glanced at her paper. She decided to save her progress and closed her laptop. "Miles!" She called out. He came back to her room.

"Yeah?"

"A few games won't hurt. And besides, you're right, it will be a month until you see me again."

He smiled big. "Yay! I'll go get some games and bring them, we can play in here!" He exclaimed and ran off to go get some board games.

They played games together until 2am when he finally passed out in her bed. She smiled and cleaned up the mess they had made in her room before going back to her desk to try and finish the research paper before her flight in the morning.