10. Ever Since New York

That Monday, Tilly was back at school. Of course, for her first class since being back, she had Poppy and Jasmine in her class. Surprisingly to her, Poppy came to her and sat down next to her. She was already teared up as she started to speak to Matilda. 

"I'm so sorry about how Jasmine treated you, Tilly. I'm also sorry since I knew she and Lionel were seeing each other behind your back-" Tilly cut her off, "You should have told me." 

Poppy sighed and nodded. "I know. I'm so sorry. They both make me sick. I hate how long it took me to realize how fake and twisted she is. I'm sorry." 

Matilda was blown away. She knew she was genuine. "I forgive you, he was abusive anyway. I know I'm better off without the both of them." She said and Poppy nodded. "I'm going to switch dorm rooms next semester. Maybe me and you could get a shared one if you change your mind about staying home. Also, he.. was abusive? I had no idea.." 

Matilda nodded and told her some stories then they paid attention as class started. 

...

Once Matilda got home, she immediately went to her room and closed the door. She was going to FaceTime Harry. 

"Tilly! Hi, angel!" He exclaimed. Her whole face lit up when she saw him come up on the screen. "Hi," she said, "How was your day?" 

"Well, I'm heading back home tomorrow and I'm pretty glad about it. I miss my bed." Matilda nodded. "I'm sure. So, I went back to school today." She said. 

Harry was nervous about what was going to come out of her mouth next. He knew all about the drama with her ex and her once "friends". He so hoped her day was at least decent, he wished he could be there with her to support her but he couldn't. 

"It was actually good. Poppy actually approached me and told me how terrible Jasmine and Lionel had been and she did say she knew that they were seeing each other behind my back and that she was sorry for everything." 

"Do you trust her? Or do you think she's only befriending you to get information to Jasmine and Lionel?" He asked. "I'm almost positive she's legit. Poppy and I were friends before college, we met in middle school and were inseparable until our first year of college when Jasmine came into our lives. I know her well enough to know if she was being fake or not." 

Taking her word, Harry nodded. "Well good, I'm glad." He said then switched the subject over. "Since I'm going back home tomorrow," He started, "I'm going to start preparing for my first solo album." 

Matilda lit up. "Really?!" She exclaimed. 

He nodded. "I have one song already, I wrote it after our first time together, while you were asleep. I'm going to start working on more and hopefully come up with an album."

Matilda smiled, she knew the song he was talking about. It's the first of hopefully many songs he wrote about Matilda. She really liked the little bit of it that she had heard. 

"I'm so excited Harry." She said. Seeing how genuinely excited and happy she was for him made it feel even more special for him. He now felt as if he had a new love for music that was even more special than ever. 

...

Later that night, Harry grabbed his guitar and sat by the window in his hotel. He had words spilling all over into his mind. He grabbed his notebook and a pen and went to work. 

"Tell me something, tell me something

You don't know nothing, just pretend you do

I need something, so tell me something new

Choose your words cause there's no antidote

For this curse

Oh, what's it waiting for?

Must this hurt you just before you go?

Oh, tell me something I don't already know

Oh, tell me something I don't already know

Brooklyn saw me, empty at the news

There's no water inside this swimming pool

Almost over, had enough of you

And I've been praying, I never did before 

Understand I'm talking to the walls

I've been praying, ever since New York

Oh, tell me something I don't already know

Tell me something, tell me something 

You don't know nothing, just pretend you do

Tell me something, just before you go

Oh, tell me something I don't already know

Harry called Matilda and she answered immediately. 

"Harry Styles, what are you doing up? It's very late for you." She said and he propped his phone up so she could see him playing the guitar. She immediately stopped talking when he did this. 

"Shh," He said softly, "I have something I want to play for you, I just wrote it. It's called Ever Since New York."