13. Two Ghosts

"I wrote a song about Taylor and I's relationship. How do you feel about it? And... I mean, would you be ok with it if I put it on the album?" 

Matilda looked at him through the phone, not expecting him to say that. In fact, she almost forgets that she is dating someone who used to date the Taylor Swift. 

"Yeah.. it isn't like a love song, is it?" 

He shook his head. "It's sort of a break up song about how we just kind of grew apart. It's mainly a closure thing for myself. And, I don't want to brag, but it's a pretty good damn song. I'll send you the lyrics before I make a decision, ok?" He said. 

Sure enough, when they got off the phone, he sent her the finished lyrics to his song. 

Two Ghosts

Same lips red, same eyes blue

Same white shirt, couple more tattoos

But it's not you, and it's not me

Tastes so sweet, looks so real

Sounds like something that I used to feel 

But I can't touch what I see

We're not who we used to be 

We're just two ghosts standing in the place of you and me

Trying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat

The fridge light washes this room white

Moon dances over your good side 

This was all we used to need

Tongue-tied like we've never known

Telling those stories we already told

'Cause we don't say what we really mean 

We're not who we used to be

We're not who we used to be 

We're just two ghosts standing in the place of you and me

We're not who we used to be

We're just two ghosts swimming in a glass half empty

Trying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat

We're not who we used to be 

We're just two ghosts standing in the place of you and me 

We're not who we used to be

We don't see what we used to see

We're just two ghosts swimming in a glass half empty

Trying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat

Trying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat

I'm just trying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat 

Matilda loved what she read. He was right, it's an amazing song. She immediately called him back after reading it and he laughed once he answered the phone. 

"Couldn't get enough of me?" He joked. She laughed as well and shook her head. "Harry, I loved the song. I will be mad at you if you don't put it on the album." She said. 

He smiled a bit and nodded. "Well I'll put that into consideration. The producer and my manager love it but I didn't want to upset or offend you by putting it on the album. And even though you seem ok with it, I'm still on the fence a little bit." 

"But Harry, it's such a good song," she said, "I love it and I think that it could honestly be a hit." 

Matilda was not the jealous type at all. She was actually a big shipper of Harry and Taylor when they dated, which seems kind of ironic now considering she's now dating Harry. She loves Taylor's music, she always has. She respects her and admires her a lot. She also was not jealous of his fans either. Yeah, it might irritate her a little bit at times, it would be annoying to anybody honestly, but she didn't get herself worked up about it. Especially since it's inevitable. 

Harry listened to what Matilda said and definitely took in what she said. He had decided before he called her that whatever she thought was the final decision. He really didn't think she would be as supportive of the song as she was so now he was almost certain, per her request, that the song would end up on the album. 

Of course I made chapter 13 Taylor Swift themed lmao