39. Watercolor Eyes

It was the night before Harry would go back home and Matilda was depressed. She loved him being here so much. They were at her house for dinner with her mom and brother for his last night so Miles could see him for a little while before he left. 

"Harry, when will you come back?" 

Harry smiled and looked at the little boy. "As soon as I can, Miles. I have some stuff to do for my album but I'll hopefully be back for your birthday on April 16th." He said. Miles smiled and Matilda did as well, holding Harry's hand. 

Kathy brought their dinner of macaroni and cheese to the table. The four of them ate together and when they got done, Matilda took everyone's plates and started to wash them. Miles looked at Harry. "Can we play Battlefront?" He asked. Harry nodded. "Of course!" He said. The boys went to Miles' room and Kathy sat at the counter while Matilda did the dishes. 

"So, are you upset he's going home?" 

Matilda nodded. "Of course I am. The worst is always the day he leaves and adjusting to being without him. It gets easier as we are away and then it gets bad again when it gets to being a week and less until I see him again. Those times are the worst." Matilda said and Kathy nodded. "That was how it was when I was with your dad and he had to go on his trips." She said. 

"Why do we always fall for the travelers?" 

Kathy laughed and sighed. "I don't know, Tilly bug." She said. Matilda finished the dishes and leaned against the counter, standing in front of it. "I just know that I'm going to miss him, mom. He is so different from anyone else I have ever been with and I love it. I feel like he's my future. I see a future with him and I have never felt this with anyone else before." She said. 

Harry was coming up the hallway to get his phone that he had left at the table. He heard everything Matilda had said and smiled, feeling better about them He had been so worried that she was disliking him and her life with him but this had completely reassured him. 

He walked into the kitchen. "Hello, ladies. I'm coming to get my phone, I left it in here."  He said and Matilda nodded. "I was thinking we could leave in about an hour or two if that's ok?" Matilda asked. "That's fine. I'm going to hang out with Miles, just come get me when you're ready." He said then went back to Miles' room. 

"Miles really loves him." 

Matilda nodded at her mom. "Yeah, I know. And Harry loves him just as much, if not more. They have gotten so close and it makes me so fucking happy." She said. "None of your other boyfriends have ever cared about Miles and he has never liked your boyfriends himself honestly." Kathy said. Matilda laughed at her mom's comment and they began to talk about different things. 

...

"Bye Mrs. Greenwood, bye Miles! I'll see you in April!" 

Kathy smiles. "You can call me Kathy, dear. But bye, we will see you then." Kathy said and Miles ran to Harry, hugging him tightly. "Bye, Harry. You have my phone number, right? We can call or text whenever?" He asked. Harry nodded. "Of course little buddy. I will see you soon, ok?" He said and Miles nodded, moving back. 

"Bye, Harry. I'll miss you." 

Harry actually teared up a little;e bit at seeing how sad the little boy was that he's leaving. "I'll miss you too. I'll see you soon, Miles." He said. He got into Matilda's car and they headed back to the hotel. 

As Matilda drove, she saw a small tear fall down his face. "Harry, what's wrong, honey?" She asked and he glanced at her, chuckling a little bit. "It's crazy, Til. That little brother of yours has become like a little brother to me. I mean it when I say I really am going to miss him." He said. 

"Aw, baby... He will miss you too but like he said, you two can call and text! And I'm sure he'll squeeze his way into our conversations whenever you call me." She said which caused Harry to laugh. 

"Yeah, you're right." He said and Matilda arrived at the hotel. 

They got home and changed for bed then went to the bedroom. However, they hardly slept due to other activities they preferred to spend their night doing. 

...

It was the next day and the couple had arrived at the airport to send Harry back to London. Matilda was really starting to hate airports because every time she goes to one, she has to be departed from her boyfriend. 

They sat down and waited for his flight to be called. Harry looked at Matilda and kissed her cheek. "I hope your Valentines Day was amazing, baby. And I'm sorry about Wally's... if you need anything from me, I will definitely help, ok? Do not hesitate to ask me." He said. 

Matilda smiled a little and laid her head on his shoulder. "You are so sweet, baby. But yes, this has been the best Valentines Day I have ever had, thank you, Harry." She said. He nodded, content with her answer and looked out the window at the planes flying off. 

"I love you, Matilda... Thank you for being in my life." 

She blushed and looked up at him, that had come out of seemingly nowhere and she was so flattered. "I love you more. And thank you as well, for everything." She said, kissed his cheek after. 

They called his flight and they stood up, walking to the gate. Harry placed his bags down and walked up to Matilda, taking her into his arms and kissing her passionately. "Bye, Matilda. I love you and I'll see you soon. Be safe, ok?" He said. 

She nodded and kissed him again. "I will. I love you and you be safe too. Call me when you get home." She said. He nodded and blew her a kiss then boarded his flight. Matilda waited by the window and once she saw his plane take off and fly out of the airport, she left and made her way back to her house to get ready for school the next day.