19. Drunk In Love

It was Christmas Eve. Matilda was getting dressed with Gracie. She could not wait to see Harry, the last time they saw each other was five days ago. Compared to the longer amounts they had gone without each other, that seemed pathetic but it sucked that she saw him for three days then lost him for another five. 

She curled her long, red hair and wore a short red dress. (Picture for reference)

She put on some red heels and Gracie grinned

She put on some red heels and Gracie grinned. "Oh hell yeah." She said and Matilda laughed, shaking her head. "Fuck off, Grace!" She joked. 

Gracie smiled as she got a text. "Billie is coming. She's going to be my plus one." She said and Matilda gasped. "Grace, that's huge! That's a step!" She exclaimed. Gracie nodded with a smirk. "I know, I cannot wait. This is really starting to pick up between us. I really, really like her." She said. 

"Aw!" Matilda said. Gracie then straightened her blonde hair and wore a beige jumpsuit with nike sneakers. Once they were both ready, they left Gracie's apartment, they went to pick up Billie. 

They got to Billie's house and the girl came out wearing a short black dress and her short brown hair was straightened and hung just above her shoulders. Gracie immediately melted. Billie got in the backseat and smiled at them. 

"You look great..." 

Matilda nudged Gracie so she wouldn't keep creepily staring at the poor girl like that. Billie blushed and hung her head down shyly. "Thanks," she said, "You look amazing too." 

After the girls all had a bit of chit chat amongst themselves, they headed toward Kevin's house for the party. They walked in and Kevin immediately greeted them and, of course, Gracie introduced him to her date. 

Matilda looked around with a small frown and already knowing who she was looking for, her dad shook his head. "Harry hasn't gotten here yet. He said he was held up in the studio then he was stuck in traffic. He said he would be lucky if he even made the party at all." Kevin said. Matilda sighed and nodded.

"Where's the bar set up at?" 

...

It was almost midnight when Harry arrived. Tilly was dancing with Gracie and she smiled when she saw him. 

"Your knight in shining whatever has arrived." 

Matilda looked at him and smiled. She went to him and hugged him tightly. "I missed you..." She whispered and he smiled lightly. "Have you been drinking?" He asked with a light chuckle. "Yeah." She said and he nodded. Welp, at least she was honest. 

The party ended around 2am. Harry only had one drink since he would be staying with Matilda and her dad the next two days until they went back to Manchester. He didn't want to make a bad impression. 

He carried Matilda bridal style to her bed once the party ended. He laid her down and kissed her head. "Goodnight, Tilly. You're gonna have a killer hangover in the morning." He said with a light smile. She giggled. 

"Yeah... goodnight, Harry. I love youuu." 

He smiled lightly. "I love you too, Matilda."