11. Hair

Matilda and Poppy were sitting in her bedroom, working on an assignment they had for one of their writing classes. They ended up taking a break from writing and were on their phones when Poppy read out some articles she was reading. 

"Oh wow, Harry Styles cut his hair." 

Matilda dropped her pencil and Poppy laughed. "I didn't know you liked Harry Styles!" Tilly tried to play it off. "Yeah, you know dad's fashion designer Gracie? She actually got me into One Direction, their music is actually really good." Poppy nodded and showed her a picture of him that was taken by the paparazzi. 

"I'll be right back." 

Matilda got up and went outside, calling Harry. He answered, "Hi-"

"You cut your hair?" 

He sighed a bit. "Yeah.. I was going to tell you but apparently the paps beat me to it." He said. "Well, I like it a lot. It suits you very well." She told him. She could almost hear his smile through the phone. "Well, thank you, dear." He said. 

Matilda smiled and saw Poppy coming outside. "Look, I have to go, I'll talk to you later, ok?" She said and once they got off the phone, Poppy came out. "Who were you talking to?" She asked. "Gracie, she was devastated he cut his hair." She said which called Poppy to laugh. They then went back to her room to finish working on their assignment. 

...

Tilly was laying in her bed scrolling on Instagram when Harry FaceTimed her. She answered and smiled at seeing his hair. 

"Well hi, what are you doing up?" She asked and he smiled. "Couldn't sleep. And I missed you. How was your day? Y'know, besides the hair thing?" 

She giggled. "It was fine, me and Poppy hung out at my house to finish up some work. I then drove Miles to McDonalds for dinner." She said and he laughed. "I had the same thing for dinner! Me and my assistant ate it earlier." He said. 

Matilda laughed a bit and rolled over. "So.. I get to come to London for Christmas. I'm going to stay a month. My last day of class is December 15th and I'm going to come the next day. My brother is a little upset but I reminded him that my dad would be by himself and I didn't want that to happen and he understood." She said. 

Harry smiled excitedly though he tried not to show it too much. Of course, she noticed and smiled back which caused him to laugh a bit. "I can't wait to see you, Tilly..." He admitted and she smiled again. "I can't wait to see you either. If you don't want to come to London, after Christmas, I'll come up to Manchester..?" She said in almost a question form, wondering how he would feel about her saying that. 

"If we did that, you could stay at my house." 

Tilly smiled big, she was not expecting him to offer that. Shit, she didn't even know how he would feel about her wanting to come to Manchester. "If you would be ok with that, I could do that." She said. 

He smiled and nodded. "I would really like that. I still may come to London though when you arrive, I don't want to waste any time seeing you." He said which caused her to blush. He loved making her blush. "Yes, of course, I agree. I just feel bad, I don't want to ask or expect you to come to London for me." She said. 

"Of course I would. I would stay in London your whole visit if I had to." 

She smiled and yawned a bit. He laughed. "Aw, oh my god." He said and she flipped him off, causing him to laugh even more. "Oh, Til," He laughed and sighed as he calmed his laughing down, "I'm going to let you go to sleep." 

She frowned. "No, I'm ok. You don't have to go." She said and he smiled with a nod. "Yes, I do. I'm tired myself, dear. We will talk tomorrow, I promise. Ok?" 

She nods, now ok with him getting off since he's tired. "Ok, well get some sleep. I'll talk to you tomorrow, goodnight Harry." She said. 

He smiled. "Goodnight, Matilda." He got off the phone with her then went to sleep, looking forward to being able to talk to her tomorrow.