20. I'll Be Home For Christmas

Matilda got woken up that morning by Harry. He smiled and kissed her head. "Good morning." He said. She yawned and sat up but once she did, she instantly regretted it. She had the worst headache she had ever had in her life. "Good morning, Harry." She said. He handed her some medicine for her headache which she happily took and a bottle of water. 

"I didn't make a total ass out of myself last night, did I?" 

"Besides admitting you love me? No." 

Matilda spit out the water she was drinking all over herself which caused her to have a coughing fit. Harry got a towel and quickly brought it to her. After cleaning herself up, she looked at Harry. 

"What was your response to me saying that?" She asked, she didn't want to comment on it until she knew what his response was. 

"I love you too."

Matilda's once straight-forward, terror filled face now turned up into a smile. She was so happy and relieved that he felt the sane way she does. 

"Oh wow." She said which caused him to laugh. He shook his head and kissed her. Upon pulling back, he kissed her head. "Merry Christmas by the way." He said and she grinned, now remembering that today is Christmas. "Oh! Merry Christmas." She said. 

He took her hand and they walked out of her room together, meeting her father and Gracie in the kitchen. "Finally got Tilly up I see?" Gracie asked jokingly with a smirk. She walked over to her best friend and gave her a hug. "Merry Christmas, Tilly bug." She said. Matilda laughed, "Merry Christmas to you too."

After they all opened presents, they gathered in the kitchen to eat lunch together. They ate sandwiches and talked about different things. After eating, Matilda got up. 

"I'm going to go pack." She said, glancing at Harry with an excited smile. Gracie got up. "I'll help. You coming, James Dean?" She asked. Harry laughed and stood up. "I might as well." He said and Kevin shook his head at the three of them. "I'm going to my office, you kids let me know if you need anything." He said and he headed to his office down the hallway. 

Matilda, Gracie, and Harry headed to her room to start packing her things for her trip to Manchester. Gracie got Matilda's speaker and turned it on. "What album should we listen to?" She asked. "I wanna hear Dangerous Woman." Matilda said. 

Gracie obliged and played Ariana Grande's newest album, Dangerous Woman. They listened to the album and performed some concert-worthy performances while they worked on packing Matilda's stuff. Finally, by the time the album was over, they were finished packing. 

...

Kevin went to bed early so Matilda, Harry, and Gracie camped out in the living room to watch some Christmas movies with some snacks, drinks, and candy. Together, the three watched the movies and hung out together. Matilda fell asleep at the start of the second movie so Gracie decided this was the perfect time to get to know Harry better. After all, she was now working for him. 

They talked for almost an hour until Gracie decided to go on home. She lived with her mom so she wanted to go so her mother wouldn't worry. Shortly after she left, Harry fell asleep as well next to Matilda with sweet dreams of how things will be for them when they get to his house in Manchester.