05. A Second Chance

Once the fashion show that Tilly was attending that morning was over, she rushed over to her dads office.

She so hoped she wasn't too late. Harry had told her he wanted to see her here and she wanted to see him too. That damn fashion show that she had to attend and report on for school had different plans for her, however.

She got to the building. "Matilda Ryan," she said hurriedly to the front desk lady. Upon hearing her name, she immediately let the girl up to her dads office.

As she got off the elevator, she ran straight into Harry. Her eyes widened.

"I'm so sorry I was late," she gasped out, noticeably out of breath from her hurrying to the building. Harry stared at her up and down and smiled softly.

"Dear, it's ok... you said you'd try to make it. And in retrospect, you did... hi."

She giggles and hugged him in a friendly manner. "Hi... at least I caught you. Did everything go ok?" She asked and his smile only grew more.

"It went excellent. Your father is the best interviewer I've ever had the pleasure of being interviewed by. As if I couldn't be more impressed by your family."

She blushed at this comment he made and tucked some hair behind her ear. "Since I basically missed the interview, wanna hang out?" She asked nonchalantly. He nodded. "We could go to my hotel room? Only if you're comfortable, I know last time-"

He started but she cut him off. "Last time doesn't count. And you didn't do anything wrong then. I should've done better with that whole situation. But anyways, yes. I'd love to go." She said.

"Great, my driver is down stairs, let's go on, yeah?"

He led her out to his car, shielding her in case anyone would try to sneak a picture of who he was with. Tilly was special to him already. He didn't want them getting a piece of her. Not anytime soon, anyway.

They get into his car and get to his hotel. Once again, they get them in the hotel without anyone seeing and he gets on the elevator with her. Once at his floor, he grabs his hotel key and lets them both into his room.

She goes in with him and they take off their coats. He then leads her to the sitting area and they sit on the couch again together.

"I was thinking about ordering us some food... what do you think?"

She nods. "Sounds great. Does Italian sound ok? I'm sorry, I'm just really craving some pasta."

He chuckles at her, she was just too adorable to him. He found the way she got excited about the little things just so cute.

"Yes. That's perfectly fine. Let me go order it, ok dear?" She nods as he gets up and goes to order it.

As he does this, she scans the room and spots his rings that he wears all the time on the counter. She gets up and goes to them, picking them up and scanning them.

She knew how much he loved these. It was so surreal to her to hold these in her hands. They were way too big for her small, petite fingers. The only way she could have them would be if he put one in necklace form for her.

As she got lost in her thoughts, she didn't even hear Harry enter the room again. She stayed fixated on the rings in her hands  until Harry clears his throat right next to her.

"Pretty neat, huh?" He asks softly and she puts them down but he puts his hand on hers that are holding the rings. They both felt the sparks that instantly flew from that touch they shared.

"N-No... no, it's ok, you can keep looking at them." He said, a few moments after their longing stares. He could barely get it out but he couldn't just stare at her forever, although he really wanted to do that.

"They... they're beautiful, Harry." She said. And as she was just previously daydreaming about, Harry walked away to his small bedroom to grab a gold chain. He came back and put one of the rings, the one he saw her fascinated with the most, on the chain. He walked up behind her, moved her hair, and clicked the necklace onto her. It felt like the missing puzzle piece to her heart. It felt like the missing puzzle piece to his life.

"Oh Harry... are-are you sure?"

He nods as he almost shed a tear. He'd never met someone he would ever dare spare a ring of his to. In this moment he simply knew; she would be in his life forever.

She smiles and looks up at him. "Thank you..." she said softly as she looked up into his eyes. She then leaned in a bit and was about to say something when the door bell rang. It was their food.

"I'll go get it, find a movie to watch, ok?"

Tilly nodded and went to find a movie to watch with him. He came back with their food and sat down on the small couch next to her. She put on Ant Man and the Wasp and they watched that until he took her back to her dad's house later that night. 

When they arrived at her dad's house, he walked her to the front door. 

"Thanks for a great night," Tilly said as she looked up at him. He smiled. "Would you like to go to breakfast in the morning? If it's not too soon of course." 

Tilly smiled and nodded. "I would love to." 

He kissed her cheek and she blushed then walked into her house. She leaned back against the door with a happy sigh. She felt this was the start of something great for her. She couldn't wait.