12. So Yeah, I'm Dating Harry Styles

It was Thanksgiving. She got a week for Thanksgiving and she decided to just stay home since she would be gone a month for Christmas. 

She was just waking up when her brother ran into her room, jumping on top of her. She laughed and tried to push him off of her but he was stronger than her, she hated to admit. "The parade is about to come on, Tilly! You have to come watch it with us, it's a tradition!" He exclaimed. 

Once he finally got off of her, she sat up and nodded. "I know squirt, I'm coming," she said, "Just give me a few minutes ok? If I'm not in there in time, just go on and watch it, I will try not to be too long." 

He ran to the living room upon her saying that and she decided to FaceTime Harry. He answered and smiled at seeing her, knowing she just woke up and wanted to call him before she did anything else. That made him feel great. 

"Well good morning, Matilda. And happy Thanksgiving." 

She smiled and was about to say it back when she remembered he was British and didn't celebrate it. "Thank you. How are you?" She asked and he moved the camera to show he was in the studio. She gasped excitedly. 

"Oh wow, Harry! Do you have everything ready to record or just some songs?"

"I'm just testing out some songs I have, and I don't have everything written yet. I'm seeing how the two songs I showed you are going to sound and also another song I wrote." 

She smiles. "If you get any demos, send it to me if you can, ok?" She asks and he smiles and nods. "Yeah, of course." 

...

After watching the parade with her brother, they began watching the dog show while her mom and stepdad cooked dinner. Once dinner was done, the four of them sat down together and shared a meal. 

"So, how's school going for you both?" He asked. Miles spoke up. "Great! I'm the top student in my class." He said. 

"And you, Tilly?" 

"Fine, just a little stressful." She said and her stepdad sighed. "Even on Thanksgiving you can't ever just have a nice conversation with your family, can you, Matilda?" Kathy, her mom, sighed. "Enough, let her be." She said. 

Matilda looked down and continued to eat and after the dinner, she thanked them the excused herself to her room. She immediately FaceTimed her best friend Gracie. She answered. 

"Hey angel, how are you?" 

Tilly teared up. "I hate my stepdad. He is such an ass." She said and Gracie frowned. "Oh sweetheart," she started, "what happened?" 

Matilda told her everything and she sighed. "One day, Til. One day you can come here, and stay here, and be with people who love and care about you." She said. "I know.. I just.. Miles, you know? It makes me feel bad, I don't want to be away from him, especially that far. He's already upset that I'm not spending Christmas with him this year." Matilda said with a small frown. If it wasn't for Miles, she probably would have came to England years ago. 

"I don't know, Matilda... it's a tough situation." 

"I am thinking about living on campus next semester." She said. Gracie smiled. "Really?! That's huge!" She exclaimed and Matilda smiled a bit, nodding. "Yeah, me and Poppy want to stay in a dorm together or we might just get an apartment." She said. After talking for a while, they got off the phone and Miles knocked on her door. 

"Tilly, can I come in?" 

"Of course, bubba." 

He came into her room and closed the door behind himself. "I'm sorry about dad," He said, "You know how he can be. He irritates me so bad." 

Tilly smiled a little and nodded. "I know, it's ok. You shouldn't apologize though, it's not your fault that your dad is an ass." She said. He smiled a little bit then Matilda got a call. It was Harry. Miles saw the phone and looked at his sister. 

"Is that a joke?" 

Well, damn. The secret is out. Which honestly, she was going to tell her brother first anyway. She just didn't expect it to be so soon. She told him to sit on her bed and she answered the phone. 

"Hey, Tilly." Harry said and Miles gasped. Of course he knows who Harry Styles is, who doesn't? Even if you aren't particularly a fan, you know exactly who the fuck he is. 

"Hey Harry, I-I have someone I would like you to meet." She said a little nervously. She wasn't exactly sure how her brother would react to her dating a pop star, a very famous pop star at that. She also didn't know how Harry would react to her brother knowing about their relationship that yesterday had started a month ago. 

He smiled, a little confused since he wasn't expecting her to introduce him to someone. She then had her brother come sit next to her and Harry's smile grew even bigger. 

"Harry," she started, "This is the reason I don't live in England. This is my little brother Miles." 

Harry waved at him, his smile growing, if that was even possible. "Hi, Miles! I have heard so much about you, Matilda talks about you all the time. I am so glad to finally be meeting you." He said. 

Miles looked at his sister then back at Harry and grinned. "Hi! This is crazy!" He said and he and Matilda laughed. "Yeah, it is!" Harry said. 

Harry and Miles talked for almost an hour, getting to know each other until Matilda finally got them to stop. After getting off the phone with her boyfriend, Matilda looked at her brother. 

"So yeah, I'm dating Harry Styles."