09. Going Back Home

It was twenty minutes before Tilly was supposed to start boarding the plane that would take her back to New York. Her, her dad, and Gracie were waiting on Harry who was supposed to be meeting them at the airport to tell his girlfriend bye and see her for the last time since only anyone knows how long. 

Gracie was getting impatient. "I'm going to kick this dude's ass." 

Matilda's dad laughed and she rolled her eyes. "You guys, stop, he's going to come. He told me he was coming, he wouldn't break his word." 

It wasn't until five minutes before boarding that Matilda had started changing her mind on the statement she had made fifteen minutes prior. But before she could began to doubt him, there he was, running to them in a baseball cap and glasses (to avoid being recognized in the busy airport). 

She smiled and ran to him as he picked her up and hugged her. "I didn't doubt you," she whispered and he nodded, placing a kiss on her face. 

"I am going to miss you so much. Let me know when you get home, ok? I'll talk to you tonight." 

She nodded and after saying goodbye one last time to her dad and Gracie, she walked to the plane. She looked back at the three of them one last time, blew a kiss to them, then boarded the plane. 

...

Tilly exited the plane and saw her mom waiting for her with her step dad and brother. 

"Tilly!" Her brother Miles yelled and ran to his older sister, hugging her tightly. Tilly hugged her 10 year old brother and smiled. "Hi, little man." She said with a small smile. She then hugged her mother and then they left the airport.

When she got in the car, she texted Harry. 

"You letting Lionel know you're home?" Her mom asked and she shook her head. She was not ready to let her family know about Harry yet. She was postponing that for as long as she could. 

"N-No, me and him broke up before I left.." 

"Thank God," Miles said, "I hated him." 

Kathy, her mom, gasped. "What happened?"

Tilly sighed a bit. "I don't know, just fell apart I guess." 

They arrived at their house and Matilda got out and got her bags and headed towards her room with her brother following closely behind. 

"Can we go to Mcdonald's." He asked and she set her bags on her bed. She wasn't really in the mood to unpack anyway. She nodded. 

"Go grab my keys, I'll be out in a second."  She said. As Miles left her room, she decided to call Harry and he answered almost right away. It was midnight there and she knew he would most likely still be awake. 

"Hey, Tilly." He said and she smiled. "Hi.. I miss you." 

He smiled at her response. He knew for a certain fact that he missed her more. He was miserable. They had spent every single day together almost for the past two weeks. He didn't like the silence that filled his hotel room. He longed for Tilly's touch. 

"I miss you too, girl. This room is terribly quiet." She laughed. Oh, he loved her laugh. "I'm sure. I would talk to you longer but I'm taking my brother out to eat. I'll text you when I get back but it will be real late for you to so don't wait up." 

He was going to stay up. He wanted to talk to her. "I can't promise that," He said, "I want to talk to you." 

"No, you need your sleep. Ok?" 

She heard her brother calling her. 

"Look, I have to go. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Bye, Harry." 

He sighed sadly. "Bye Matilda."