31. Fool's Gold

Matilda got home from her last class of the day and had to help her dad and Harry load up their bags. They were going back home today and she was upset, she didn't want them to leave. When she got out of the car, she was met with Harry who was waiting on the steps with his bags. He ran over to her and hugged her tight. 

"Do you have to go?" 

He sighed a bit and nodded while still holding her in the driveway. "Yes, baby... I have to record some stuff. I wish I could stay, I'm sorry." He said. She slowly nodded and pulled back from the hug, kissing his cheek. "Let me go get my dad, you can go on ahead and load your stuff up in there." She said. 

She went into the house and smiled at her dad who was talking to her mom. "Oh, hey mom. Dad, are you ready?" She asked and he nodded. He hugged Kathy. "If you or the kids need anything, I will come here ok?" He said and her mother nodded. "I know. Thank you again Kevin, for everything." She said. 

Matilda and her dad went outside and put his bags in the car then once they had everything loaded up into the car, they made their way towards the airport. Once they arrived at the airport, they waited until their flight was called. Matilda didn't leave Harry's side while they waited. But sadly, what seemed like way too quickly, their flight was called. 

"Honey, I have to go..." 

Matilda frowned and held onto him tighter. "No you don't..." She whispered. He sighed a bit and kissed her head. "Baby, I need to board the flight." He said a bit more seriously now. She sighed a bit and nodded, letting him go. She goes to her father and hugs him and tells him bye then goes back to Harry. 

"I love you, Tilly girl. I'll be back around Valentines Day." 

Matilda nodded and kissed him. "I love you too, call me when you get home, ok? I'll be awake." She said. He nodded and he and her father boarded the flight. She teared up and left the airport, going now to pick up her brother Miles. 

...

Matilda was awake at 11pm doing her homework when her phone went off. It was a FaceTime call from Harry. She grinned and answered rather quickly. 

"Hey, love." 

"Harry! Hi, how was your flight?" She asked and he grinned. "It was ok, me and your dad talked about some stuff which was very nice.." He said and Matilda tilted her head. "Oh, ok... well, that's nice to hear I guess." She said, causing him to laugh. 

"So how's my little buddy?" 

Matilda sighed. "I don't know... he isn't talking to me at all, I'm so worried about him. Mom got a little bit out of him but he just won't talk to me which is crazy to me because we have always been close. In fact, he'd used to prefer me over mom. I don't know what the fuck is going on anymore." She said. 

Harry frowned and shook his head. "I'm sorry, darling... I wish so bad I could help you both." He said and Matilda nodded. "I know." She said. 

They talked for a couple of hours while she did her homework and once she got done, she got dressed and got in the bed all the while still on the phone with her boyfriend. "You need to go to sleep, Tilly." He said and she yawned. "But I'm not tired..." She said and he laughed. 

"Oh, you're not, babe?" 

"Leave me alone." She said with a laugh and looked at him through the phone then her face lightened. He immediately noticed and smiled. "What?" He asked and she shrugged. 

"I just love you." 

He smiled and blew her a kiss then looked at the time. "Look, angel, I have to go and you, my friend, need to sleep. I'll talk to you later, ok?" He said and Matilda nodded. "Ok, baby, I'll talk to you later, I love you." She said and he nodded. "I love you too, bye Tilly girl." He said. 

They got off the phone and Matilda sighed sadly, laying back into her pillow, but she couldn't sleep. She grabbed her phone and put in her earbuds, looking for something good to listen to then soon realized she wanted to listen to Harry. She goes through her phone and finds their song Fools Gold. She hummed to the song and put it on replay so the last thing she heard before falling asleep was her boyfriend singing to her.