42. Breaking News

Matilda woke up this morning with the internet in a whirlwind. Harry had announced that his debut single for his debut album would be released on April 7th. Matilda had known for about a week that he was planning on announcing this and starting his album hype so this, of course, was not as big to her as it was to the rest of the world. Of course, after reading everything, she FaceTimed Harry. 

"Hey, Til."

"Well hello, Mr. big news." 

Harry laughed loudly and shook his head. "I didn't think this would be that big of a deal, to be honest. Everyone is losing their bloody minds." He said and Matilda nods. "Oh yeah, I know. I have had some people from school messaging me about it." She said and Harry shook his head. "That's wild." He said.

Matilda nodded and looked at the time. "Ok baby, I have to go get me and Miles to school. I'll talk to you later." She said and he nodded, blowing her a kiss. "Bye, beautiful. I love you, have a great day." He said. 

"I love you too, and I hope you have a good day too. Bye, baby." She said. Matilda got off the phone then got out of bed against her better judgement. She got her brother up so he could get ready then she got dressed herself. 

...

Matilda arrived to school and people swarmed around her. She tilted her head a bit. "Um, hi guys... what's up?" She asked. 

"Is the song Harry's going to release next month amazing?" 

"Have you heard it?" 

"Is it a spiritual song?" 

"Sign of the Times sounds spiritual, is he changing his music category?" 

"Is it still the same as one direction?" 

"Has he changed?" 

Matilda was taken aback by all of the crazy questions being presented to her by her own classmates. She even noticed a few reporters now around her. She shook her head and started walking to school. However, it was the reporter's turn to bother her with questions. 

"Miss Ryan, what do you have to say in response to these questions?" 

"Miss Ryan, is Harry going through a musical crisis without his band mates?" 

"Miss Ryan, does this song title confirm that Harry Styles is depressed?" 

Matilda stopped walking and turned to look at all of these crazy people. "No comment." She responded and rushed into the school. She saw Poppy and ran to her. "Oh my God." Matilda said and Poppy looked at her. "What's wrong?" She asked. 

Matilda told her about what just happened and Poppy laughed. "Oh my God, they are insane!" Poppy said. Matilda started laughing along with her friend then they went on to class together. 

After her classes, Matilda was on her way to her car and the same people swarmed her with the same questions from before. After finally squeezing into her car, she started driving home and her best friend Gracie called her. 

"Hello?" 

"Dude, are you ok?" 

Matilda laughed at Gracie's question. "No, not really. Are they bothering you as much they are bothering me?" She asked. "Oh yeah, it is so bad. Poor Harry tried leaving the house and went right back in." Gracie said. 

"Oh, shit. I'm gonna call him when I get home, is he ok at least?" Matilda asked a bit worried. "Yeah, I just got off the phone with him myself. If anything, he's appreciating the support everyone is giving him. But he is not so happy with how it's affecting his friends and crew." She said. 

"Oh yeah, just wait until he sees what happened to me outside of school." 

"What happened?" 

"Look up my name and today's date, you'll see it." 

"Give me a second to look." Gracie said. She got her laptop and looked up what Matilda had said. She gasped as she watched it. "Jesus Christ." She mumbled. Matilda laughed. "Yeah, I know. Look girl, I just got home. I'll talk to you later." Matilda said. 

"Ok, bye bitch." 

"Bye, Grace." 

Matilda got into the house and went to her room, calling her boyfriend. He answered immediately to her FaceTime call. "Baby, hey." He said. Matilda smiled and blew a kiss. "Hi... How has your day been? I just got off the phone with Grace." She said. He chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, it's been pretty crazy... woah. Grace just sent me a video of you, hang on." He said. 

Matilda watched him watch it and saw his face turn from up to down. "Tilly..." He said and was now looking at her. "Yeah, it was insane." She said and he shook his head. "No, it's fucking ridiculous... I'm so sorry." He said. 

"Baby, it's not your fault." 

"It is, they are going after you and everyone I know just for information on me and it's out of hand. I should just reveal everything so they leave you all alone." 

Matilda shook her head and pointed at Harry in a serious way. "No sir... We will get through it and it is not that bad, we will all handle it because we all love you. Ok?" She said. He slowly nodded and thought for a minute then looked up at her. "I've gotta go, talk to you later." He said. 

She frowned a little. "Ok... well, I love you, Harry." She said. He nodded. "I love you too, bye." He said then hung up. Matilda sighed and put her phone down. She knew he just needed some space because this day had been an emotional roller coaster for him. She decided to put on some music and turned on her computer to play the Sims to destress.