36. Brotherhood

Matilda and Harry went to pick Miles up from school early. Tonight was Harry's "birthday" dinner that the three of them would have together. When they picked up Miles, they started their three hour journey to the dinner place Harry had picked.

"So why are we going so far away?"

Matilda looked at her boyfriend , wanting an explanation as well. He nodded at Miles. "Because there's this place I want you and your sister to try, I promise it is really good, I have been here twice and it is my favorite restaurant here in America." He said.

"Oh, wow, ok.." Miles said, he knew Harry had been many places so if he was making such a strong claim about this place, it must be amazing. Matilda giggled and held Harry's hand, placing a kiss on it.

"I can't wait."

...

They finally arrived to their destination. It was a very fancy Italian based restaurant. Miles gasped. "I can't even afford to breathe here!" He exclaimed and Harry and Matilda laughed. "You are too funny, kiddo." Harry said.

The three of them went into the restaurant right on time for their reservation. They got seated and ordered their drinks then looked through the menu. Miles got grilled cheese and tomato soup off of the kids menu, Matilda got a Cobb salad, and Harry got Fettuccini Alfredo. As they waited on their food, they chatted together.

"Harry, can you move here?"

Harry smiled a bit sadly and looked at the little boy. "I would love to, bubba, but with my career right now, I need to be in London. Also, my mom and sister is over there, you know? I hope that one day I can get a house over here so I can come more often and maybe even move here, but I just can't right now, you know?" He said.

Miles nodded a bit in a sad manner and looked at his sister. "That sucks." He said, looking back at Harry. He nodded. "I know, little buddy... I know." He said. He then looked at Matilda and she grabbed his hand.

"It's ok..." She whispered. He nodded then looked at Miles, wanting to change the subject. "When we get back, we can play on my playstation at the hotel. Your mom said you can stay the night with me and Tilly." He said and Miles' face lifted up quickly.

"She really said I can stay with you two?!"

Matilda nodded, now very happy that she listened to Harry about surprising him with that. "Yes! Harry even got snacks today stocked up in the hotel room so you both could have a boy's night." Matilda said and Miles nodded. "Yes!" He said. Harry laughed and ruffled the boy's hair then their food was brought to them.

...

Matilda fell asleep on the way home while Miles and Harry excitedly planned their night of gaming. When they finally arrived at the hotel, Harry carried Matilda up to the hotel room while Miles talked about their night. They got to their room and Harry carried Matilda to the room and laid her in the bed then closed the door so she could get a sound sleep.

After getting her settled into the bed, he went back out to the living area where Miles was fixing their gaming setup. The little boy had become like a little brother to him. He knew in this moment that if anything were to happen to his and Matilda's relationship, they wouldn't be the only ones affected.

"Hey Harry! I have everything set up!"

Harry nodded and sat next to the boy, taking a handful of popcorn and starting the game with him. After about an hour, Matilda woke up to the sound of their laughs. She smiled to herself and got up, going to take a shower. Afterwards, she put on some shorts and one of Harry's shirts then went to where they are.

"Hi.." She said. Harry smiled. "Hey, love." He said. Miles looked at his sister. "No girls aloud, sissy." He said and she laughed. "Oh, can I please stay?" She said in an overly dramatic accent. He playfully rolled his eyes. "Fine, but don't distract Harry." He said.

She giggled and sat beside Harry, getting some popcorn. "Sorry that I fell asleep on the way home." She whispered. He grinned lightly and shook his head. "It's ok, it gave me a good reason to carry you." He said which caused her to blush.

...

It was now two in the morning and Miles had fallen asleep on the couch. After cleaning up the area and turning the game off, Matilda and Harry went to their room. Harry took off his shirt and put on some pajama pants then got into the bed with his girlfriend.

"You know, I appreciate everything you do for Miles. I have never had a boyfriend who was so involved and cared so much about him and I hope you know it really means a lot to me."

Harry smiled and gave her a passionate kiss in response to what she said. "I love him. I love your family. And," He gave her another kiss, "I love you." She nodded and cuddled up to him. "You're the best." Matilda said and he smirked, looking at her. "I know." He said. They turned their bedside lamps off then went on to sleep.