41. Fishy

Today is the first day of Matilda's new job as a cashier at Petco. She was so excited to work here, she loves animals so much and cannot wait to see what this holds for her. Before she leaves, Harry calls her. 

"Hey, are you about to go?" He asked. She smiles and nods. "I was just about to walk out of the door." She says. He nods. "Ok, well I wanted to wish you luck real quick before you go. I love you." He said and she smiles. "I love you too, Harry, thank you. I'll call you when I get home." She said then they got off the phone with each other. 

Matilda tells her mom and brother bye then heads towards her new job. She was very nervous but also really excited at the same time. Petco was a little farther than Wally's is but she really thinks that it will be worth it. She will also be making more money too which is a big plus for her. 

When Matilda arrives, she goes inside and gets her uniform. She goes to change and once she is ready, they start her training. Most of the day is spent with them training her and showing her stuff that she would need to know to do her job as best as she can. She learned a lot and at the end of her shift, she left to go home. On her way home though, she decided to call Harry. 

"Hey." He answered when he picked up the phone. Matilda smiles. "Hi, I just got off of work. It went great and they will train me to open tomorrow. I only did a mid day shift today but tomorrow I will open then they will train me for night. It's great so far and I love it some much." She said. 

"That's great, baby! I'm so glad you are happy." He said and she nodded. "Losing my job at Wally's might have been the best thing that could happen for me, Harry." She said. He smiles softly. "Oh, Tilly... I am so, so happy." He said. 

Matilda smiled a bit. "Did I wake you up?" She asked and he yawned a bit. "Kind of..." He whispered. "Oh, honey, I'm sorry... I'll let you go, I just wanted to share my news. Goodnight and sleep well, I love you." She said. 

Harry smiled a bit. "I love you too. I'll talk to you tomorrow dear." He said and then they got off the phone. A little while later, Matilda arrived home. When she came in, her mom and brother were waiting for her. 

"So, how was it?" 

She smiled at her brother and hugged him. "It was amazing, I can't wait to go in the morning." She said. Her mom smiled. "That's great, dear! Your brother had a great idea for dinner. He wants us to go to Olive Garden to celebrate your new job." She said. Matilda smiled big and nodded, looking at her brother. "Let me change then we will go out, ok?" She said. 

...

Matilda was laying in bed about to go to sleep when Harry FaceTimed her. She smiled and answered. "Well hello, sleepyhead." She said and he smiled. "It's the middle of the night for me but I woke up to get a glass of water and I couldn't go back to sleep. I was hoping you would be up and thank goodness here we are." He said. 

Matilda giggled and laid on her side, holding her phone. "Aw, poor baby... yes, I am awake. I do have to get up early in the morning though so I won't be up for long. Can we go to sleep together on the phone?" She asked and he nodded. "Of course, that might help me sleep better." He said. 

She nods and yawns a bit. He laughs. "Aw... you're so adorable, Tilly." He said. She blushed. "Harry..." She said with a smile, trying to hide her face because she was blushing. He smiles and blows her a kiss. 

"Ok, ok, get some sleep, baby. Goodnight, I love you." 

"I love you too, Harry, goodnight."