Elves Recused

20 Km east of Gim,April 8th 1639,elf Caravan

"Hah... hah... hah..."

About 20 kilometers east of Gim, there was a small, nameless, reclusive elven village. Because they did not interact much with outsiders, news about the Gim massacre arrived there late. The villagers did evacuate, but there weren't any Kua Toinan soldiers in the area, so it was a harrowing journey to escape from Lauria's watch. Currently, they were about 10 kilometers east of the village.

Short, green grasslands unfolded before them, with birds singing and wild cows eating the delicious grass. It was a very peaceful scene. This area would be easy to traverse because it was flat and there were no obstacles, but it would also be easy to find and chase after them for the same reasons. To the 200 evacuees, they would be taking a huge risk to cross these grasslands.

A boy pulled on his sister's hand as they kept going east. The children's mother had died early of illness, and they were living with their father. However, because of the danger of a Laurian invasion, their father, who was part of the first reserve forces, was called in to serve the army.

"Hey, Parun. You're the older brother, so take care of Asha, okay?"

The father smiled as he entrusted everything to his son and left their home.

The evacuees were not gaining any speed. The children were put in the back to keep watch; only 10 remained after the draft.

25 more kilometers to go. Only 25 kilometers until they reached the frontline Kua Toinan military base...

Suddenly, there was a cry from the rear of the group.

"Laurian horsemen!!!"

The boy looked back to see 100 Laurian cavalry about 3 kilometers behind them, quickly closing in on the group of escapees. Soldiers from the Kingdom of Lauria,with orders to slaughter all demihumans, were coming for them. The villagers began to scream as they ran, but there was no way they could outrun horses, and the army slowly gained on them.

Same time,Laurian riders

Red-Eyed Jove, captain of the Hawk Knight's 15th cavalry regiment, a Laurian knight order, licked his lips at the prey in front of him.

"Well, look what we got here...!"

Around 200 women and children were making their way east through the grasslands. They were about 3 kilometers away, but the land was flat and wide with no obstructions, so they were in plain sight.

Gim was a really good time. He got to torture people and go wild, doing whatever he wanted with the blessings of his superiors. It was the best! He remembered the cat demi family in Gim. The parents begged him desperately, "don't kill us!", so of course he killed them, then fucked their daughter in front of their corpses, though then he realized he didn't need to kill them first. The cat girl had screamed and cried endlessly; he had really gotten off on that. Red-Eyed Jove felt those dark, euphoric emotions rising within him again as he eyed his new prey.He truly was the lowest scum of humanity.

The Hawk Knights were comprised of elites from the eastern Laurian vassal states. They were revered as great warriors. Within their ranks, the 15th cavalry was said to be a collection of "undesirables." They were basically former bandits and pirates, from back when Lauria was still conquering their smaller neighbors, who were bestowed peerage to become nobles. Their captain, Red-Eyed Jove, had a particularly cruel personality, known to kill any subordinates he didn't like and later reporting that they had died in the battlefield.

"All right then... time to hunt! Massacre those demis! CHARGE!!!"

"Hyahah~!"

The 15th cavalry yelled out a strange rallying cry, then galloped off in pursuit of the elves.