Eve of War,Eve of the tragedy

Papaldia Empire, imperial capital Esthirant, 1st foreign affairs department

A lot of information was gathered on Germany after Department Head Elto's gave the orders.

First, they concluded that the Gra Valkas Empire was uninvolved. The country that drove away the oversight army flew a Black,white and Red tricolor, which more or less confirmed that Germany was the culprit. It was still unclear why the oversight army's wyvern lord squadron didn't return, though.

They knew that the enemy ship only had 4 turrets,which meant they knew the power of accuracy,this meant they must have either just entered the Steam age or are equal to Papaldia.Still, they didn't think it could overcome the pure brute force of a 100-gun Ironclads they were spamming out. It seemed clear that single ship was very advanced,but was that enough to cause such a devastating rout? They just couldn't believe it was possible.they made the realist conclusion that the enemy used a ironclad to beat them and from the long range they were at,allowed them to win,but still a defeat for all to bite down on.

There was the extreme case of the Gra Valkas magic ship, the Grade Atlastar, taking down Leiforia all by itself, but they were certain that there was some mistake in the intelligence; that information had to have been exaggerated to some degree,how much was anyone game,they concluded it must have been more than 5 ships. However, it was still true that Gra Valkas had the power to defeat Leifor, so they would have to be careful with them in the future.They made plans to finally get the Dios IV into building phrase,their latest and heaviest ship ever made for them.

In Admiral Poquetoire's report, he described a cannon that fired at 10KM and hit them with a 50% hit rate. They asked a military research group about this and were told "Even if we had another 40 years, it would be impossible for us to achieve that range." So, they concluded that it was unrealistic for a country outside the civilized areas to be more than 40 years more advanced than the empire. There was also Varhal's questionable report about the war between Lauria and Germany, but when he returned, he was diagnosed with a mental illness, so everyone agreed that his report was not trustworthy.But in Case they took it as a precaution should it be deemed true.

They gathered some interesting information about Germany from countries in the Third Civilization's sphere of influence. Apparently,Germany only spends about 10% of its wealth on armaments. Knowing that, even if they had some equipment that was somewhat superior, they would quickly fall behind another strong country in the long term.they spend 60% on the military,or About 21 Billion Pasos.

The 1st foreign affairs department thus came to two conclusions: first,Germany should not be underestimated,at the same time they should not be feared and second, they should attack them soon, before they have time to accrue more armaments.They knew they had a navy of 488 ships,that meant they had 1000 ships more,yes 388 of them were Steel plated Sail ships with the outdated Cannonball Cannons,but they had 750 Dios II ironclads(Puritian class) and their latest class,350 Dios III Ironclads(Gloire class).

They knew they had a navy of 488 ships,that meant they had 1000 ships more,yes 388 of them were Steel plated Sail ships with the outdated Cannonball Cannons,but they had 750 Dios II ironclads(Puritian class) and their latest class,350 Dios III Iro...