Papaldia's end(3)

Papaldia Empire,Esthirant, Remille's mansion, Day After the Bombing Raid

Remille was lying on her back on the bed in her room, her comforter wrapped over her body. She was trying to forget about yesterday.

Yesterday, after waking up from another bad dream, she looked towards the skies and the water from her room.As she looked, she saw the German Bombers approach, At first she was afraid, But when she saw the Wyverns go at high speeds to shoot them down, She smiled that Germany was not all powerful they were put up as.

"Maybe I was overthinking things...Germany could never beat our invincible Home Army"

Then it happened. The Wyverns began to drop like flies, At such high numbers that she didn't know what happen, But she knew something bad was about to begin,The Bombs began to drop.

BOOM!

Explosions began to rock the Capital.Each time a entire Building would turn to flames and then into nothingness,The a Explosion erupted close to Her mansion.

"Ahhh!!!"

Letting out a rather feminine scream, Remille leaned forward, her eyes glued to the sky. She couldn't tear herself away from the sight of the German Bomber dropping Bomb after Bomb onto the City.

"Is it Germany's Power?! Is this German Power?!"

Sweat poured out of every pore in her body. Then she realized.

(It can't be! Am I... quivering? Me?!)

Her hands, clutching the balcony's banister, were shaking; she looked down and her legs were clearly trembling as well. Then, she looked as the German Bombers left, She had never seen anything cause so much damage in a single day before. And the baseless confidence she had built up earlier, the thought that "Our Empire's Home Army couldn't possibly lose," was smashed into pieces.

As she watched the city burned she felt the Hopelessness of the War finally dawn on her.

"Gh! What am I supposed to do!!!"

She was in a position of responsibility; she had to get to the 1st foreign affairs department as soon as possible. But the German army had just dealt out an act of crushing violence on the empire and in truth, she herself had caused it.

(Germany...Germany is furious, they must be looking for me...)

The more that thought revolved in her head, the more stricken with fear she became, and the less she could move. The city was filled with unsettling silence, the flames were the voice of the City, she could no longer hear the crying of the dead. Remille somehow crawled back to her room and dragged herself into her bed.

"Mistress Remille! Mistress Remille!!!"

Someone banged on the door calling for her, knocking her out of her reverie.

"Mistress Remille!!!"

There's no way she could allow the family maid to see her like this.

"I'm coming!!!"

Remille steeled herself mentally and stood up. Still shaking profusely, she came to stand in front of the door.

"What is it!!!" she asked through the door.

"An urgent request has come for you to contact the first foreign affairs department."

"I understand. I will head out as soon as I've changed!"

She had absolutely no idea what they could do next. Her mind was completely occupied with fear of Germany.

Esthirant, southern port