The ride of the Valkyries(1)

Frontline base Valkyries, Leifor, Greater Gra Valkas Empire, November 1st 1643

10 Km from the Front line, Dozens of Antares fighters, Sirius bombers and Vega twin-engine bombers were lined up, The Base also had 10 000 men defending it, And today they were to launch a small raid on the German forces, they saw 2 Divisions worth of men forming at their base for the past 3 weeks.

Of the total of 600 Planes, 400 Were to attack today, The Air force were in high spirits to commence the operation to destroy the German Base.The person responsible for carrying out the Air Force' operation, Perth and General Gaoggel were watching the scenery that was laid out before their eyes.

"What formidable power..."

The scenery was majestic... What unfolded before their eyes had an air power unmatched by anyone in this world, save their own air power. They felt so reassured by this power, that no matter how much strength was amassed against them, the enemy would never be able to overturn the situation of the war.

The forces were not told of the events in the south, fearing what it would have on morale.

''Yes...With this, there attack will fail in no time, I feel they can even kill them all if they attack well enough.''

A general with many battles under his belt, Perth places enormous faith on the combat strength of his subordinates.

As they looked to see the Planes lift off one by one, They didn't know the Germans were already to knock them down and take the Base.

German Base, Same time

2 German Officers were walking around the Base, their Uniforms were clean and sharp, they took their Jobs to the fullest, As the Marched in sync, They were Talking.

''Say, These Teutonic Army units, They are a Bit weird aren't they?'' The Officer asked to the other one''I even Heard that another 22 Divisions were created to defend back home, And with the 2 here and another 2 in Lauria, That's a Huge force''

''I Know what you Mean, But they are Good soldiers, they take orders very well, despite looking like they came out a Villain's mind, they still behave like Soldiers with Honor, I like them'' The other said''And now with this operation in Mind, My Heart is Racing for some action''

Before the other could respond, The Air raid siren went off, Snapping them to run for the AA, As they did, They saw the ME-109s begin to leave as well, The past 8 weeks they were waiting for this moment.

''Enemy attack!'' Cried a Voice''They will be here in 12 Minutes! Get Into Position!''

''Shit, A attack right before we attack?! That Means they are on to us!''Said one of the 2 Officers

As they Got on their 88mm Flak Gun, They loaded a Shell and waited.

As the minutes passed and the Fighters flew around the base, It was Quiet, too Quiet for a Raid.

RATATATATATA

The sounds of Gunfire, both their own and a Foreign one, made the AA Roar to life, with clear skies and Great placements, each shell fired dealt heavy blows, As the 2 officers fired round after round, their lookout yelled out.

''Enemy plane incoming! It's hit! Watch out!'' He yelled

They ran from the AA and right as they were about to turn and look, a Massive fireball erupted from where they once were, They they looked at the sky.

it was One sided, For each German Plane lost, 3 or more enemies went down, They surmised it was the AA that did the heavy work.

The Air Battle took over 2 hours until the enemy took chase and went home, of 400 Enemy planes, they lost 277, While Germany lost 48 ME-109s, 17 JU-87s on the ground and 20 AA Guns, But with the enemy beaten back They had to press their advantage, the signal was given and the 2 Divisions of the Teutonic forces advanced to cut off the Base.