The Ancient Superweapon in Action

Flagship Be Tergis, 1st Strike Group, Greater Gra Valkas Empire, 6:51PM

If a Japanese person from the Imperial Japanese Navy were to look at it, they'd feel that it closely resembles a Nagato-class battleship. On the bridge of this battleship, the Be Tergis, a siren hurriedly rings out.

Wooooooooooooo... Wooooooooooooo...

"All hands, to battle stations! All hands, to battle stations!"

Accompanied by the anxiety-inducing sound of the siren are soldiers hurriedly running around as orders from messengers to man battle stations resound within the ship.

"Number 3 high-angle gun placement on the port side is ready!"

"Number 4 rapid-fire machine gun on the port side is ready!"

Reports of deployment completions reach the bridge one after another as the entire fleet readies itself for battle.

"Commander, the fleet has completed combat deployments. At this relative speed, we will make contact in about 9 minutes."

A flying fortress that spans more than 250 meters... An enemy that is basically an aerial battleship was closing in on them. In their previous world, Yggdra, things such as flying battleships are unheard of. Considering that they were able to annihilate an attacking squadron, this fight wouldn't be so straightforward.

Operations officer Baht couldn't hide his impatience at the reality that an unprecedented enemy is heading this way.

"Don't be impatient, Baht. Your impatience spreads to our troops."

"Of course! Forgive my transgressions."

"So... what do you think?"

"What kind of object will come? I have not the slightest idea. What the hell... It pains me to understand this world where something like magic exists. Is the enemy strong? Are they weak? How strong is their armor? What kind of weapons will it use?

All of that, we don't know. In this battlefield where we risk our lives that is the only thing we are certain of. This enemy whom we couldn't analyze... I have no clue how best to fight them..."

Baht genuinely put his anxiety into words. Commander Kaonia lets out a weak smile.

"I see... We do not know what kind of enemy they are, so we'll just have to do our righteous way of fighting!"

Commander Kaonia looks out towards the ocean. The view of 3 battleships, 3 heavy cruisers, 10 Cruisers and 20 destroyers parting the sea and advancing is nothing short of spectacular. Looking at the empire's dignified fleet, one can't help but feel confident that they will never lose.

However, the Greater Gra Valkas Empire has already experienced fighting a naval battle with the enemy, the Holy Mirishial Empire. Regardless, he held deep in his heart that he will not be reckless enough to charge with a single ship.

Aerial battleship Pal Chimera

Various machines are lined up in the bridge and footage is shown on the advanced magical display floating in the air in front of the workers. If a German person were to see this scene, it would seem like something out of an advanced science-fiction work. The large display in front of the captain's seat shows the view in front of the ship, with the picture views of the top and bottom projected clearly.

"Meteos, sir, we will make contact in about 8 minutes. The enemy fleet consists of 2 ships on the level of a Mithril-class battleship, 1 ships about the size of a Gold-class battleship, 13 ships about a tad-bit smaller and about 20 magic ship-level ships for a total of 36 ships."