Chapter 17

AUTTI

We pulled the boat up to the shore and jumped out. I felt Niall wrap his arm around my waist. We walked to the camper. I opened the door and stepped up inside the cool camper. 

"What now?" Niall asked.

"Change into confy clothes and meet in here." I replied opening the door to the girls room. The girls piled in and I put on my Nike shorts on and my Nike tennis shoes. I put on a t-shirt and put my hair in a bun. I walked down the little steps and sat across Niall who was eating Cheetos. I reached my hand in the bag and pulled one out.

"Ni, you just let her eat your chip!" Liam said. Niall shrugged and kept eating.

"Friend, won't you tell us what we are doing?" Louis asked.

"It's a surprise!" I replied. I got up grabbing Niall's guitar. I opened the door and hopped out. By the time  they had got done getting ready it was dark. I walked to the beach with everyone following me. I walked up to some guys who were playing their guitars and singing.

"Can we sing with you guys?" I asked.

"Sure Hon." One of the guys said. I waved my arm to the guys to come over. We sat on logs all around the fire. I handed Niall his guitar. 

"Let's sing Rock Me for these guys." I said. They nodded and started singing.

Once they were done the guys were clapping. 

"Now boys, lets show them how us rednecks do it." A man with the guitar said. He started stumming Fishin In The Dark. I squealed and started sing. I looked over to Niall who was staring at me. He smiled and turned back. Then Kyla joined in realizing what song it was. 

"You and me go fishin in the dark..." We sang until they ended. The boys clapped and started to play  the only country songs they knew.

"Niall, hand me the guitar." He obeyed and handed it to me. I started strumming Long Black Train.

"Theres a long black train comin down the line..." I started to sing. And then one of the other guys started singing with me. All the girls joined in. I strummed harder and sang with my heart. This song had been in my heart since I was 12. I sang til I was out of breath. A guy with the violin started to fiddle. I laughed and played along with him. I tapped my foot and sang with all my heart. The girls sang the harmony.

The song ended and I stopped strumming.

"That was awesome!!" Niall wrapped his arm around me. 

"You think that was good? Listen to this." I started strumming Punching Bag. The guy who sang with me the most sang with me and harmonized. I played faster and I tapped my foot. The girls didn't know this song. The fiddling guy fiddled. The song finished and I smiled.

"Now lets show you how it's really done." Louis said. Niall started to play LWWY. I tapped my foot. The other guys must have figured out the song. They're eyes widened.

"We know who you guys are." They interupted.

"And your ok with us staying here?" Niall asked in his regular Irish accent.

"Yea! All ya had to do was ask." Then I recognized the guy. It was the guy from the way in. 

"So you," He pointed to Harry, "Are those really your 4 wheelers?" I laughed. 

"Uhh no. Their her's" Harry pointed to me.

"Is all that stuff hers?" The other guy from earlier. They nodded.

"Jeez! What do you do for a livin, steal?" I giggled and shook my head.

"Nope. I just inherited the family dairy farm in Beatrice." They nodded in approval.