SIX✔️

*********

Keila had tried to reach Hayden, but he hadn't picked her calls three times, which gave her the conclusion he was busy. She called her best friend instead, Lexy.

"Hey Lex".

"Babe it's been kinda long I heard from you".

"Just about four days ago, couldn't you call if i didn't?".

"Well, I'm used to talking to you at least every two days, but I'm sorry, you know I get so busy most times. Things are not so easy for me working as a nurse", Lexy apologized.

     The hospital she worked thrived in its community so much and she was an experienced worker there, thereby mostly busy.

"It's fine dear. How have you been coping?".

"Just fine with a bit of work stress but God made it all up for me by blessing me with James. He has been there for me a lot not minding he is the busy type too. These days, for real, he had been doing more than enough for me. I don't mean to brag".

   "I don't feel you meant to. You barely talk about him even", Keila said sincerely.

   "So how bout you?, I hope you're not feeling Hayden's absence too much, it's been a while now", Lexy asked.

Keila sighed.

"What do you expect?, I'm managing myself like I have no other choice. I do miss Hayden a lot and of recent, things have been more busy for him, I told you the last time. He barely picks my calls now and we can only speak for just some seconds at times, if I'm not exaggerating. I'm just tired here but I have to think on his behalf and cope without him", she answered truthfully.

"Heyyy, it's fine baby gurl, you understand Hayden would give anything to be with you right?, he really loves you and I'm fucking sure if not for how busy things are, he would have loved to spend every moment with you.Just be patient enough for him and try to manage the little time you get being with him. I know it's not easy cause I can't imagine not seeing James in a week, so I just want you to keep it up. Also, I'm always here for you if you need me, okay?".

"Sure, that's the same thing you will say to me. Thanks best", she whined.

"You're welcome girl. So how about this, we go out tomorrow, it's a Saturday, let's make it our girlfriends day and just have fun, could help you out right?".

"I really appreciate babe, and I hope it's not ruining any plans you had before?".

"Not at all, I would do anything for my best baby girl".

"Thanks a lot dearie. Speak with you some other time soon then".

"Yeah bye", she hung up.

That night, Keila was sleeping when her phone rang. It was Hayden, she wasn't so thrilled to pick his call from frustration.

"Hey baby", Hayden called with a hint of happiness in his voice, evident from getting to speak to her.

"Hi, how are you doing Hay?", she asked with less vibes than before.

"I'm okay and you?".

"Not bad, I was sleeping when you called".

"Oh, I'm sorry to disturb your sleep. I missed you and .......", he started to say but Keila cut him off.

"Actually, I am crossed with you", she said.

"Babe, I understand and I'm really sorry. It's not my fault. Guess I told you there are some days I won't take my phone out at all, I just got back from a night lecture and I haven't taken my dinner yet, I just had to speak with you first. I'm really sorry, I know I don't have much time for you now, but if I had an option babe, I will speak with you all day".