NINETEEN✔️

*******

  Hayden had been very disturbed. For about two days now, Keila has refused to pick his calls and hopes were beginning to be lost, since she wouldn't ring him up back.

  Loosing her wasn't one thing he was ready to do and sincerely to himself, he had lost his educational focus.

  He didn't want to jeopardize his career. He had given enough for it to give it up at this point or start relenting.

  He then decided to call Lexy, he originally hated the idea of third party in their relationship but he appeared to have no choice. He rang her up and after a ring she picked the call.

   They exchanged pleasantries and he immediately set down to business with her.

  "I will try my possible best to talk to her cause I don't know what else to do with her. It's like she badly wants to give up".

  "Can you please not let her. She just has to trust me even if this will be the last time. I promise not to give her a cause to not trust me anymore. It was my mistake I know but I swear I am not cheating on her, you should trust me Lex".

  "Sincerely I do, but I'm not the one in her shoes, let's just say it might not be easy for her too. I promise to render any help possible, it won't be my joy to see you guys drifting apart".

  "Thanks a lot Lex, I owe you a great deal".

  "No it's nothing, I'm sorry this is happening to you Hay".

  "It's not like you are the cause, thanks, probably talk to you some other times", he said.

  "Okay bye", Lexy hung up.

   Almost immediately he quit talking to Lexy, Elena's call came in. He appeared frustrated but he decided to at least give her a listening hear, they hadn't been in touch since the Saturday they recently met.

  "Hi Elena".

  "Hayden, how you doing?".

  "Good, you?" .

  "I'm okay too, it's been a while".

  "Yeah".

  "Can we just talk a bit".

  "Sure, hit it".

  "First I'm sorry about the meeting on Saturday. That really wasn't the way I wanted to meet you after years. I was actually forced to bring up my good character that much".

  "Uhh I don't get you that well".

  "My mum and your mum, actually want us to be attached, they feel like it will strengthen their friendship. So lately my mum's been nagging at me that it was time to get with you but then I do have a boyfriend, she says she doesn't want to know him only if I get with you".

  "Pretty much my condition", he sighed.

  "Guess you know my dad's late, I'm the only one left for her and she has been there for me for a long while now, it's hard not to please her. She went sick when I became too adamant that I wasn't going to get together with you. She was really sick and kept begging me. I told her what if you weren't interested in me cause I wasn't also, she said your mum would have it worked out and I didn't have to worry. Sincerely, I'm only doing this to make her happy and I don't hope to further this relationship since you also have someone you're crazy for. I travelled down here for a business contract and she immediately told your mum I was coming, so I was invited to quickly meet you before you travelled back on Saturday. I couldn't disappoint my mum and had to put up the best I could that day, I'm sorry if you felt uncomfortable with me and I stirred up disgust in your girlfriend, it's not like I'm hell bent in you, nahh it's just for my mum, when I get back to her, I will let her know nothing can work, but we can just continue being friends if you don't mind", Elena concluded.

  Hayden felt very relieved and instantly got a liking for her, at least she was smart enough.

  "That's fine Elena, we can just bring up the old vibes and all. Thanks a lot and I'm sorry you are in a difficult situation cause of my mum and yours too, it's fine. They will later come around to accepting our own feelings".

  "Yeah sure, so hope it's all good with you and your girl".

  "Kinda we are fine", he said reassuringly to himself not needing to let the cat out of the bag.

  "That's nice, my regards to her".

  "No problem, how is the business stuff going?".

  "We just got to keep going even if things are tough, I'm trying my best actually".

  "That's nice, wish you best of luck".

  "Thanks, I learnt you're there for study, hope it's not so stressful either".

  "Damn it is but I can't give it up".

  "Alright then, take good care of yourself. Will call you another time".

  "Okay dear, bye", he waited till she ended the call.

   He breathed in and out relief, all that's was left to deal with concerning the matter was his mum, at least he was sure they wouldn't force two of them to be together since none of the party was willing.

  Then he still had to deal with what Rowena caused, he remembered and sighed in desperation for it all to be over.

    *********

Poor Hayden🥺, sorry. Please vote and comment what you feel.

Kaptaine Babbitt ❤️