SIXTEEN✔️

******

Keila rang Lexy up and this time around she picked at the first ring.

"Hey babe", her best friend answered from the other end of the call.

"How have you been?".

"Good, how about you?".

"Sincerely speaking I'm not".

"What's wrong?, first and foremost, sorry I missed your call, I was busy till this evening".

"It's fine".

"Yeah so what's the matter with you?".

"It's uhhh.....Hayden", she hesitated before answering.

"You guys didn't break up right?. The last time we talked about his mum, hell, you thought I wasn't being so serious but I was. I am sorry anyways. Looks like I haven't got much time for you these while but things suddenly got more busy and even with James, we are having our introduction ceremony soon, and it's kind of tough".

Keila felt a pang of jealousy hit her hard. She wasn't sure what her status with Hayden was, and her best friend was on the verge of marriage. But she shook the thoughts off, things couldn't be right at the same time for them.

"If I can help any way, kindly let me know".

"It's alright babe, nothing much that can't be handled, thanks. Back to you....."

Keila took time to give Lexy the details of what happened that day and in no time earned Lexy's pity.

"Wow, that was hard, it must have been so tough for you. I'm sorry that had to happen".

"First I was very humiliated and second it was no fault of yours".

"I sincerely don't know what to say to you".

"And you needed to see the way his mum was all over the girl, I don't think there is ever going to be a space for me in her mind. As a matter of fact, I'm fed up. What if it doesn't work for us at the end?".

"Hey, you need to be very positive than negative at this time. I believe Hayden isn't going along with his mum's idea of another girlfriend, he would back you up. Also, his dad doesn't dislike you either".

"Lexy his mum looks the most powerful, she matters most".

"You talk like you are ready to give him up cause of his mother".

"If it comes to a point I don't have a choice, I would have to. This isn't going easy on me, I've been down since and even refusing his calls".

"You don't need that, you should at least hear him out".

"Hayden doesn't resent the girl, anything can happen and he will have to start considering her".

"He won't do that to you Kei".

"You always seem to be on Hayden's side any time I tell you what's wrong. Never mind, I will sort myself out. Thanks", Keila said angry and banged the call.

She was provoked and annoyed with Lexy for not taking her sides for her own actions which was why she felt Camilla was better to talk to.

She was about to ring Camilla up when Hayden's call came in. She debated whether to pick it or not and decided against it. She ended up not calling Camilla too and started with her novel.

Life was suddenly turning sour for her, she concluded.

********

Hayden had been very disturbed. After he got back to his place, he had been trying to get through to Keila but she wasn't answering her calls.

He gave her a little time of in case she needed space and called again but it was the same. He feared that something was wrong with her, he didn't know who to call. He thought of talking to Lexi but it was too early to conclude and it was late in the night already.

Someone knocked on his door. He subconsciously asked the person in. It was Rowena, his next door neighbor.

"Evening Hay", she greeted, dressed in a condom tube and bum shorts.

He wasn't disturbed or attracted by her mode of dressing which looked inappropriate to him.

"Hey Rowena".

"You mind hosting me for the night?", she said acting as if under influence.

"And why should I?".

"I have problem with shutting my window and it's not safe to leave it unlocked. I will check it out tomorrow".

"Lets go together to check it, I can possibly see something to do to it".

"Oh don't bother Hayden, I don't have to stress you, I will just pass the night here if it's fine by you".

"Nope it isn't fine".

"Hey, don't be so dull", Rowena challenged coming closer.

His phone rang beside him and he hit the answer button immediately not conscious of the caller since he was being aware of the devil in his room.

"Hi", Keila said in a voice that wasn't one of herself.

"Let's get it done tonight baby", Rowena slurred in a seductive manner.

"Please get out of my room Rowena".

"You can't pretend not to want me. I watch you take me in and feasting on me in your brain and I'm just giving you an opportunity".

"I don't drool over you girl, get out now", he almost shouted, trying to keep his voice down since it was late.

"Do you mind keeping your voice low, I hate noise", she shunned in a low tone and made to grab Hayden's shirt but he pushed her away.

Then he heard the call end. Keila had cut the call because of the situation, he was more than frustrated and roughly pushed Rowena out of his room. It had been his fault for not locking his door in the first place.

Now he was in for another trouble.

******

Sorry Hayden🥺, mind being more careful?. Please vote and comment what you feel🥰

Kaptaine Babbitt ❤️