SEVEN✔️

********

"Get ready for your presentation in the next class", Professor Wilson said, adjusted his glasses , packed his stuffs and left the class.

Hayden packed up too in the view of getting ready to go home straightaway. It was 5pm and he hadn't talked to Keila that day. He decided against taking his phone to classes to avoid getting distracted and he left his apartment so early that he couldn't disturb her with a call in the morning, so he was only able to speak to her in the evenings.

   And more so, he had night classes from 8-10pm, and since there was an hour time difference, he will only be able to get to her around 11pm.

   By then, she would have been asleep getting ready for work the next day. In essence, these days, Hayden and Keila hardly spoke with each other but managed to keep the ship moving, which was way too hard.

A friend walked up to Hayden as he was about to leave the classroom.

"Home right?", Jude asked.

"Sure man".

"I still wonder why you anticipate going home after the 3-6pm classes. At least, look, everyone hangs around after class, not run home like you do".

"You won't understand, do you have someone you love far away?", he whined, grinning at Jude.

"Nahh, I had a girlfriend here not far from me but we broke up months ago", Jude answered not getting the hint.

"Try falling deeply in love again, this time, I hope the girl is far from you, and understand what it is not to speak with her for hours, then you will know this feeling", he winked at Jude and left.

That explained his condition to Jude who was giggling at himself. He had liked his ex a lot but at a point he didn't understand if it was love, they didn't understand each other and had to part ways. Whoever can make Hayden feel this way even when they were apart, then, certainly he was truly in love, Jude thought.

When Hayden got home, he immediately called Keila, he knew she would be busy, but he wanted to hear from her that moment.

"Hayden", she answered the call feeling happy to hear from him.

  She had left him to do the callings, since he got to determine when they spoke. Hayden didn't mind but felt sorry for her.

"My love, how have you been?", he answered with the same enthusiastic feeling.

"Doing good, just stressed out today. Excuse me please, put the white papers in the cabinet and file out those account cases needed for corrections", she said obviously talking to someone.

Hayden knew he was disturbing her since she sounded so busy. He listened to her direct the person for about a minute before she got back to him.

"I'm sorry baby, there is a lot to do here"
"Which explains why you are still at work, it's late but I understand, I will call you in two hours time, you should be home then ".

"Sure, thanks. Talk to you later baby".

"Yeah. Take care of yourself ", he said and hanged up after few seconds.

*********

Kaden entered Keila's office without knocking and he met Keila and her assistant but she was on a phone call and pretended not to notice him.

  He watched her as she spoke and waited till she was done with whoever it was.

"Sure thanks, talk to you later baby", she said and dropped her phone.

"Hmmmn", he took a seat,

"Kaden, you have no right to come into my office without knocking and seat down without an invitation. It is wrong, you are ethical, so you should know this", she said her voice raising a bit at his rudeness.

  He recently seemed to have been hitting her nerves but Kaden kept looking at her without saying anything .

"I am talking to you Kaden, don't let me walk you out".

"Excuse us", Kaden said to the assistant who focused on the files she was sorting but he knew it was all pretense.

"Okay sir", the assistant walked out courteously.

"What do you want again Kaden?".

"I want you, Keila", he smiled fiercely and she felt irritated, plus annoyed. He was way too adamant.

"I have some......"

"You were speaking to him when I came in", he said knowingly.

"Obviously, so what else?".

"You will regret him I promise you. Keila are you too dumb to see?", Kaden barked and got up, annoying banging the table.

  He was not known for the best temperament and it was one of why Keila avoided him and close contact with him.

"See what?", she shouted back. "This is an office, my own office, you have to comport yourself and stop shouting or I call the security to drive you out".

"You can do that for all I care, since you are too blind to see that I truly love you, and that guy, Hayden, he doesn't, I tell you. It's been over six months he has been away and here you are fooling yourself that he loves you or fucking care about you. Care about you and he left?, So you think he doesn't have someone else over there, you know what let's see if in the next one and a half year, he doesn't come back with someone else he wants to marry, and by then, two years of your life would have been wasted. I would gladly have found someone and I wouldn't be an option for you to fall back on", he shook her shoulders vigorously in pain, as if it would make her realize what he meant.

Keila cursed under and breath and rejected Kaden to be an option in her life, she disliked him.

"Listen, I will be glad to watch your tears, mark this day", he spat, dropped his hands from her shoulders gently and walked out.

Keila felt shaken and scared of him, never in her life would she think of such a man who threatened to get what he wants. She thought about his words and doubts started sinking in. What if Hayden had someone else and she was here waiting?. What if he had been seeing someone and claiming he was busy?. After all one couldn't have classes all day.

   "Will I be wasting my time at the end of it all?", she muttered to herself.

"Nope, I trust Hayden, he would never do this to me and I wouldn't hurt him either ", she encouraged herself.

But remember he excluded you from his plans until it was later, he could exclude you forever, another part of her mind spoke to her.

"Nope, he made a mistake", she said tears beginning to well up in her eyes.

She closed the file she was working on and her assistant walked back in.

"Miss Keila, I hope Mr Kaden didn't hurt you, I heard.......", the girl started.

Keila snubbed her.

"I will be going off now, finish what I asked you to and lock my office properly, I don't want anything missing. Give my key to Camilla, I will ask her to get it to my house when she is leaving the office", she said and after getting her stuffs together, walked out of the office. She wasn't thinking straight anymore.

   She saw Kaden on her way out and quickly walked away from him while he spared her a hateful glance.

*********

Keila needs help, Hayden is being real😊.

Kaptaine Babbitt ❤️