TWENTY-SIX✔️

*********

Keila and Miles just concluded their first meeting based on the fact that he was expected to put her through. They really didn't do much since the work was smooth and he expected her to pick up from there, to work the next day. They finished some minutes after 5pm.

"Lest I forget, here is the total proposed production on all our products. So the demand for it might actually change the plans. We need to watch out for it so as to ensure we don't run out of supply", he reminded.

"Oh sure, thanks".

"Just doing my duty", he said with an heart warming smile.

How could a guy be this good?, Keila wondered.

"If I might say this shouldn't have been included in your duty but still you're taking it up. So you deserve a thanks".

"Not much of a choice".

She smiled and gave the table a light clearing.

"I should run along now. Need to be somewhere ma'am".

"I guess we are off work now, let's avoid being too formal. It's awkward".

"Okay then, I should go now Keila".

"Alright thanks again. Catch ya tomorrow".

"Sure", he answered and slightly sprinted out of the office getting her to wonder why he was in haste to be somewhere.

He could have a date with his girlfriend, she reasoned. She took her bag and after securely locking her grand office, she walked out. She was not surprised to see some staffs still lurking around. Most were cleaners. They all greeted her as she went to the garage. She got in her car and drove to her father's mansion. She had some reporting to do.

"Glad to see you daughter", her dad said as he partly embraced her.

"Wow", she purposely dumbed her body on the couch. "It was pretty exhausting not to have much doing, just going through files and all that. I guess I'm used to being so busy at the bank, working non stop".

"This could ease the stress off you for a while I feel".

"Yeah, how are you?".

"Fit as always. Get to meet the manager yet?".

"Yeah, he obviously acts what you speak, since my secretary was quick to point out he had arrived early at work when I asked after him. And well, we created a little space for him to help me get through work for a week. He obviously is up to the task".

"Good to be able to testify I chose the right person".

"Well good for you".

"We should celebrate your handling the company with your mum this weekend right?".

"I should think about it. Might be boring for all I know"

"Kei, we are doing this okay?", her dad said firmly.

"Yeah as you wish".

"Good girl".

"Just dropped in to give the gist, will head home now".

"Will you like to grab dinner with me?".

"Might just do that on my way home. I'm tired, wanna eat in bed".

"Be safe daughter, less canned meals", he warned her.

"Yeah", she picked her bag up and walked out after saying bye.

********

She paused at a night restaurant on her way home. She got her order and was about walking out when she sighted Miles' little girlfriend, Wanda with another guy. She looked so conscious of her surroundings and Keila hated to think what she was thinking.

But she couldn't help it, still she avoided the girl seeing her so she wouldn't get her more anxious. Where could Miles have been, she didn't have his number yet, and not like she thought of calling him to come and see but she figured she should make remedy to that in case she might really need to call him.

She walked out of the restaurant settling her mind that the guy could be her friend or brother. Being in a relationship doesn't ban you meeting males, she concluded and got int her car.

When she got home, her best friend put a call through minutes after she had dinner. They talked about her first day at the company and she tried her best to omit everything about her and Miles that was personal. She wasn't ready to listen to Lexy whine and all that.

"Nice you had a good day then", Lexy said when it seemed they had not much to say.

"Yeah, would have asked to celebrate over weekend but dad said we should with mum".

"Wow your mum!", Lexy exclaimed.

"Yeah we can talk about her later, I'm tired", she tried to shun the discussion.

"Alright, goodnight babe, have nice dreams".

"You too girlfriend".

"Bye bye", Lexy whined and after she heard Keila respond, patiently banged the call.

For the first time in a little while, she finally had a good night rest. A part of her also thought about Miles and what she had seen at the restaurant she grabbed dinner.

******

Please vote and comment what you feel🥰

Kaptaine Babbitt ❤️