THIRTY-FIVE✔️

*******

  Keila got around forgiving her mum, although it was hard but her father made her have no choice.

  She paid her visits when she had time and at times, she couldn't help showing some dislike when she felt hurt again. She had loved her mum like her dad, and suddenly her mum had drifted away, times she needed her most.

   She and Alex were going to pay her a visit. It was a Saturday, she wanted a better afternoon, but Alex had his way.

  "Keila".

  "Dad?", she gave a questioning brow as he drove.

They were going over to the place she stayed, so he insisted on driving.

  "We can't keep letting her live her life like this right?".

  "What are you insinuating?".

  "Hear me out before you murder me with those eyes".

  "Yeah sure", she smiled, to ease her countenance.

  "I'm thinking we could show her better love and not let her regret for the rest of her life. I dunno, but it could help her get strong soon enough and then...", Alex paused, hoping she understood the message.

  "But dad, what greater love should be shown to someone who has done his sorta thing to us in search of greener pastures. I believe you guys married for better for worse, you don't know how much I needed a mother and my best friend became one instead", immediately she talked of Lexy, regret held her tongue twisted, and her stomach sank.

  She hated what she did to Lex and although she wanted to say sorry, she kept feeling she was right and needed no reason to apologise but wait for Lexy to do so.

   Alex brought her back to the present with his voice.

  "And she really needs an opportunity to make it up to you".

  "I'm better with her this way. What's even the point in all this dad?".

  "I want her to come and stay at my place, and it shouldn't stop your regular visits or make you show contempt".

  "Sir Alex", she whined thinking he couldn't mean what he said.

  "Probably we discuss this later, but it's what I've finalized to do".

  "Ohh I wasn't even in the picture".

  "Not like you reside with me anymore. Keila I need you to be reasonable here please".

  "Fine dad, please yourself".

  "I'm trying to please you too but then you need to work in line with me".

  "I'm not necessary", she mocked and got on her phone till Alex got to a rural area Dawn claimed to live. He was disgusted and tried to avoid Keila's reaction. Luckily she made no remarks. With a little stress, they got to her place.

     *******

  "Babie", Lexy whined over phone.

She was disturbed and wanted to talk to her fiancé.

  "Hey love", he sounded enthusiastic to hear her voice.

  "How are you doing?", she asked instead, her voice masked with stress.

  "I'm good and I hope you're not getting yourself worked up over the preparations. I got them under control but you bluntly insisted on checking them over".

  "Yeah sure, I don't want a little ruin on my day".

  "So you good?".

  "I don't think so".

  "What's up with you?", he asked concerned.

  "Keila", she answered as if it answered all the question.

  "You guys having a feat or what?".

  "She is just being strong headed over what's not meant to be. And I tried being a friend but she is failing to realize I want to help. She's cut me off for weeks now, and I tried to avoid getting embarrassed by checking up on her at home or at work, she was really upset with me. But I am not happy the way things are with us, we are supposed to be planning my day together, she wasn't even there on when we did the church wedding, family was expected to be there and she is a family to me, but I couldn't even get in touch with her. Babe, trust me, I'm not missing her just because she wouldn't be here to plan my day with me, but I'm scared she is going to take a wrong step too, she is quite foolish right now. I don't know who else I can tell this too except you".

  "It's fine baby, you will be good and you guys will come back together, she will realize her mistake before or after she learns a great lesson, let's just hope it's before. You should better gather courage and give her a casual visit, try not to get her upset when you do, you could put aside your wedding talks and what she did wrong and let it come later, just try to make things normal. You really can't force a true friendship, so let's just hope it goes fine. Please don't get yourself worked up over that, I know you guys are bonded and all that, but worrying is not what you need now right?".

  "I know, thanks. I'm sorry if I stressed you".

  "Common, that wasn't a bother, I will be glad to know how it goes with you two".

  "Alright, I will pay her a visit maybe this evening, she should be home".

  "Good luck darling".

  "Thanks and so have a great day dear".

  "You too. Bye".

    *******

  "Can I offer you anything?", Dawn asked weakly as she made to stand up from her wooden chair.

  It appeared she spent all she had on her sickness that didn't show signs she would get better and she has resolved to live a life that was different from her former affluent one. Alex felt pity.

  "No, nothing, I'm good", Keila replied hastily.

  "It's fine Dawn".

  "I'm still sorry Kei, I just pray you get it all even with me before I happen not to wake up from sleep one day", she smiled a bit.

  That startled Keila and she immediately sat upright, she realized she still didn't want to loose her mother.

  "What are you saying?, I'm not angry with you anymore mom".

  "Your attitude tells otherwise, I know I've put you through a lot of pains but it was my sheer foolishness".

  "Let's not have this discussion again", Alex stopped her.

  Keila's phone rang. It was Camilla, her heart lit up.

  "Excuse me, I will just pick this call in a minute", she said and went out.

  After they exchanged pleasantries....

  "Can we meet this evening?", Camy asked.

  "Yeah sure, I'm up", Keila replied sounding excited.

  "Good, have a nice day then".

Camilla didn't sound as cheerful as normal but Keila was oblivious of it.

  She went back inside.

  "Dawn has decided to come home with me".

  "Not today Alex", she countered.

  "Then tomorrow. We can't afford to waste time in your condition. Even this environment isn't helping. Come back home".

  Keila tried to force a pleased expression but her mind wasn't with them. She had no choice since her father was involved.

  After spending some time with her, and with Keila giving signs she wanted to leave, they took an excuse and left her place.

*******

Don't forget to vote and if you feel like dropping a comment, go ahead.

Kaptaine Babbitt ❤️