THIRTY-THREE✔️

******

"I can't forgive her", Keila cried, they were currently seated on her dad's expensive couch.

"She is your mother and obviously she regrets her actions, you should let it go", Alex said to her softly.

"I don't know why that sounds easy for you, I bet it, you hold no offense against her right now. But what she did was damn wrong, dad, can't you see?",she half screamed.

"And yeah everyone makes mistake and she is actually suffering from hers now. We can't widen her already wide hole".

"And I don't care, I don't want to come into this, she never should have even showed up again".

"Keila, you aren't gonna make your mum regret her little time left, better still, let's work on making her stay with us longer".

"You're taking her back?".

"Keila...."

"Dad!, if at all her damn animal like late husband had treated her like she heard, she would never think of coming back to you, I dunno but I can say she was very covetous, I hate mama", she sobbed and Alex just drew her close and rubbed her lower back.

"Look, that was if it happened, we weren't living bad yunno, anyone can make mistakes".

"I get you, if she made a mistake of killing me, you will let her go simply because anyone can make mistakes. People should be conscious of making deadly mistakes. And dad, I was internally living bad, you should know that now. I'm glad I had you at all points, but then I needed my mum. She could have been my best confidant but I trusted around and well, I dunno what's becoming of me".

"Yeah baby, I know that right. She was supposed to be there for you like she had always been but the case isn't as we want it".

"I dunno what to do with her right now, but she hasn't been there and at this point I don't think I want her to be".

"Well you're not saying, I don't want her to be, you don't think.... that means you still have a bit of consideration. She has no one left Kei and she could have even offered to die in silence since she has been beating it for years, obviously she just wants our forgiveness and I feel we should take her back".

"Dad....", keila sobbed harder, "you're rare and that's one of the special things I love about you, I do love you a lot".

"And I hope you can love your mother more".

"That sucks you know right?", she managed a smile.

"I mean it though".

"It's hard but I will let it go ".

"That's my girl".

"But I don't want to see her yet".

"It's fine, I will see to that, but when you have time and your mind is free with her, pay a visit. I need to see her to a doctor also".

"You're the best".

Alex laughed lightly.

"It's late, would you stay over?".

Alex has been quick to catch up with Keila when she ran out and she was stranded outside the restaurant. He immediately dialed the driver's number and asked him to come. He was able to pacify her and then took her over to his place.

"I don't mind, I miss my room anyways".

"You really don't have a place here yunno", Alex whined.

"Probably you have some children outside aside me".

"I bet you're yet to find out".

"Hmmmn, that surely won't go down well".

"You're always welcome home, goodnight", Alex said to end the discussion as he looked obviously tired and wanted to sleep.

"Goodnight dad".

*******

At her workplace the next day, she noticed Miles avoiding her, but she really didn't care, all she wanted was a perfect opportunity to show him that his girlfriend didn't worth him but she did.

"Hello there Miles", she said a bit loudly, walking hurriedly after him.

"Miss Keila, good morning", he answered keeping a much straight face.

"I see you have been avoiding me these days and if not for the fact you have to submit reports to me, you might try not to see me a whole day. We are friends I believe".

"Oh wow, not at all. I'm not avoiding you, rather I've been much busy these days and I don't have much time to spare around, I'm sorry Miss".

"Formal?, it's fine anyways. I just wanted to say Hi".

"Thanks", he smiled and walked away.

"Soon, very soon honey, you will be mine", she smirked after him a bit annoyed.

She returned to her office and gave Camilla a call.

"Hey you".

"Hi keila".

"How have you been".

"Good and you".

"Stressed out".

"Does that explain why you haven't given me any report on the job".

"That?, I have started working on but then I was about to inform you about the finances involved".

"That should have been no problem to ask".

"Okay then, I promise a good result when the money comes in".

"Send me your account details soon".

"Okay bye", Camilla answered and hung up.

Already sighting the light at the end of the tunnel, Keila treated herself to wine all smiles.

*******

Please vote, vote, vote. Use the orange star 🌚❤️

Kaptaine Babbitt ❤️