TWENTY-THREE✔️

*******

    The next morning, Keila left her home at about 8am and went to her dad's head office. She got the forms she needed to fill and did it properly, then he took her a bit around the company, which wasn't the beverage company anyways, but he wanted her to be able to act in his place at times.

He did same to his other company before they finally went to the beverage company. It was tiring but she wasn't going to let her dad know that and get disappointed in her even before she started to work.

   He called the staffs at the beverage company together for a short meeting to know her, after which a proper meeting can be held to make strategies at work and know each other better.

   "The manager is on a quick assignment so he wouldn't be able to join this meeting, when you start working, call a formal meeting again, and then you know what to do", her dad told her before hand.

  "Sure thanks".

  She got to meet the 72 permanent staffs and 8 other temporary or learning staffs in the company and it was not hard to admit the meeting was cool and fast because they gave her the needed attention.

  "Yeah, I officially announce Miss Keila as the company's head from now on, she would be taking my place, as I no longer have to come and take charge here. I hope you all give her your cooperation and not relent in your service thereby giving her a hard time, she is like a novice so she would need your help. Please regard her as the leader here. Thank you, Miss Keila, you may dismiss them".

  It sounded funny the amway her dad regarded her formerly with no hint of familiarity but she held it in.

  "Thanks a lot in advance you all, you may take your leave", she said and soon it was her dad and her self that were left at the conference hall where they held their meetings.

  "You can do this, good job in advance daughter", her dad said and walked out first then she followed suit.

   It was already 12:40pm so her dad had to hurry to his holder's meeting while she decided to go back home to get fully prepared for work the next day. She had yet to meet the manager so there was no point.

  Just in, a call came in, it was Camilla. She sighed and ignored but it came again, she ignored and still the third ring. Frustrated she picked the call and said nothing first.

  "Hey where have you been, you got me worried and you weren't even picking your calls. It's 2pm already and you're not even at work, when did you start to go unethical with your work?".

   "Would you please not give me some headaches Camy?".

  "Then you care to explain what's going on".

  "Fine I have stopped working at the bank yesterday. Something happened and I had to resign".

  "I should have known you had something up your sleeves you weren't willing to tell me, so wow, I'm just getting to know this".

  "Camilla it isn't important for you to know what was up. I'm sorry if you feel offended but the point is I have quit working at the bank, I'm just going to get busy here now, can we talk later?".

  "Uh for real?".

  "Yeah thanks", she banged the call and threw her phone on the passenger seat annoyed.

  What had Camilla always been thinking of her, they were just a bit close and she expected to know everything that was going on in her life. Come to think of it, I barely know what's up with her too, Keila thought and felt as if Camilla had been using her but she had been the stupid one. She erased the thoughts and drove off.

       ********

   Hayden had turned to a loner the few days he had been away from Keila. He hadn't gathered enough courage to talk to her again and ruin his chances, she could still possibly like him but if he got on her nerves, she might hate him totally and he was being careful of the fact that she was far from him and he wouldn't be able to do physical stuffs to gain her back, he was not ready to loose her for life.

    He already stopped the little fun moments he always managed to have because he wanted to give her time. He ended up having no fun anymore and barely talked to friends. He was in his room that afternoon when his friend knocked.

   He had learnt from Rowena to always lock his door even though it wasn't advisable. Unwilling, he stood up to open the door for his friend.

   "Hayden".

  He just directed his friend a look that said he was listening .

  "You don't want to keep being this way do you?".

  "How?", he pretended not to understand.

  "You know what I'm saying. Look you're ruining yourself because I bet you aren't even able to focus on your books, you're just here dulling your spirit, do you think she would even be willing to get back with a depressed man. I tell you she can't be happy to see you in this condition, I'm not saying you should let go of her finally if you don't want to but still try to keep up with your own life, what's changing with you being this way, she can't even see you and you are here misbehaving. You are a man if you don't get it. She could possibly have moved on and stopped thinking of you, I'm not saying that's the case, but it's possible. To be on a safer side, try to loosen up more, at least hang out with guys if not girls, give your life peace again and what will be between you two will surely be. You can't change your relationship with her this way. I guess that's all I have to say. You can join in for the Lion's music show this night. A friend of mine and his band are having their final show for the music competition. This would decide if they would win or not. We could go together to cheer them up".

  "I've heard you, thanks a lot, I will give you my feedback concerning the night show".

  "It's not all about hearing what I said but trying to act like you really did. Fine, I will get back to you then. Get up and be a man. I should go now".

  Hayden walked his friend out of his room and went back to his bed thinking about the little piece of advice he had gotten. He seemed to see quickly that it was nothing but the truth.

  There was no way he would pick up with Keila as a depressed man. He needed fresh energy to go after her.

******

Hayden🥺, heartbreak took its toil on you, sorry😊

Kaptaine Babbitt ❤️