TWENTY-FIVE✔️

*******

   Keila checked through the company's receiving profit files on her table and although she didn't seem to understand much, she wasn't dumb enough not to know the profits were very high according to the figures in the files, from each beverage product. Her dad's company seem to be the largest operating in their city.

    She heard a light knock at the door and expecting it to be the manager, she muttered come in.

   "Good morning Miss Keila, I got your order to meet you immediately. I'm sorry we haven't met officially, I was on a business assignment when you got here yesterday".

  "Yeah I know right. You are?".

  "Mr Olane. Olane Miles ma'am", he completed and that made Keila snap her head up from th file she had her head buried into.

  "Olane.....Miles", she was surprised recognition evident in her voice.

  "Keila, oh excuse my manners. Miss.....?", he said with an embarrassed smile.

  "Still Miss Keila", she completed with a smile.

   He was the last person to be imagined when her dad had spoken of a very dedicated manager. Not like she though he wasn't dedicated, but she never expected it to be him.

  "Wow, it's so shocking to see you here, I mean not that I'm underestimating you right, but I hadn't thought you could be related to this work".

  "Actually I resigned from my former work for personal reasons and met my dad. It's understandable since I'm his only child and children who are capable can head their parent's company, yunno. Not like I claim to be capable, that's why I need your help too", she chuckled and they both laughed like long term friends do.

  "Oh sure, I would be ready to give any assistance I can", he told her.

  "Thanks a lot in advance. I look forward to working with you, nice to meet you again Mr Olane".

   "You too, Miss Keila".

  "I understand you may be busy at work now, so I will leave you to work. I just don't know if it will be proper for us to meet after working hours, my dad said you are in the best interest to give me some brief information about the company's schedule and business".

  He seemed to think for a while and she reasoned he had family and a girlfriend too. She wasn't sure the idea was good enough, but she had no choice, she couldn't let the company's work slack too, so she had to make the request.

  "I'm sorry, I understand......"

  "No Miss Keila, it's fine. I can meet up with the arrangements".

  "Thanks, I promise to round things up on a week's time. You do have personal stuffs too".

  "Yeah but it's fine ma'am".

  "So work here officially closes at 4pm, we could just utilize the period between 4pm-5pm".

  "Fair enough ma'am".

  "Actually off official grounds, we could stick to acting informal, this is very uncomfortable", she commented dryly.

  "You are my boss now", he laughed.

  "I know, it's just condition. We are friends".

  "If you insist", he gave a toothless smile and there was an awkward silence.

  "Yeah, what about your girlfriend, yunno I met her at a mall not long ago".

  "Oh she told me. She is pretty good, thanks".

  "My regards to her though, you're dismissed Mr Olane", she said making it very obvious she felt distaste with the formal name.

  "Thank you Miss", he said courteously and walked out.

  Keila heaved a sigh of relieve, she expected for there to be a better flow among her and her manager which could bring better developments.

  She kept going through she boring files she didn't fully understand and looked forward to the evening with her manager. Alone. For work.

********

   Oh well, Miles is Keila's Managing Director. Let's see how work goes between them, especially since they have a week alone😌

Kaptaine Babbitt ❤️