TWENTY-ONE✔️

******

    Keila arrived at her dad's mansion. He was well to do and had about three companies he managed, but he had taught his daughter to live her own life as if her father wasn't there for her.

   So she had kind of struggled to get a job herself and buy her car through her savings. Although her dad had given her a small and comfortable house for her use.

   She liked the lifestyle her dad made her live, and felt eternally grateful for not spoiling her. Not like she would have minded if he still pampered her like he did when she was younger.

   He had reduced the affection when her mom was no longer there. She used to think he was wicked and had only loved her because of her mother, but now she was more grateful he just made her independent.

   She parked her car that was the least out of the three her dad owned and made her way up the stairs. She was met by his personal secretary that stayed with him.

  "Miss Keila, good afternoon", she greeted politely .

  "Cindy, how you doing?".

"Good thanks".

  "Is my dad in?".

  "Yeah, although he has a visitor waiting for him, but you may go in".

  "Sure", she said and went inside.

  She went to her old room to while away time. It had been long she had used the room. Some of her stuffs where still there but she no longer needed them. It was a bit dusty in there so she went to the kitchen to serve herself a glass of water.

  "Fine, we will make sure the goods arrive by next week, so we can put them up for sale. They are in urgent need, so we have to be fast about it", Keila heard her father say probably to the person who was waiting for him.

   "Okay sir, I will make sure of that", the man replied.

  "Yeah thanks".

  "Goodbye sir".

   She heard her father's footsteps going towards his study so she came out of the kitchen.

  "Dad", she said.

He was kind of startled, she noticed and started laughing.

  "Oh wow, Keila", he was surprised. "You're here. Good to see you, it's been a while and I missed you so much".

  Her dad walked towards her with his arms out for a hug.

  "I missed you too man. I'm sorry I couldn't call or visit these past weeks".

  "It's fine daughter. I suspected you were busy, I was planning to give you a call today to know if all was fine with you".

   "Yeah sure, it's been pretty good plus stressful. I'm sorry if I was too busy for you".

  "Nah I understand".

"so how have you been dad?".

  "Well obviously fit and fine, looks like you aren't so fine though".

  "You have always been good at reading my most hidden thoughts", she smiled.

  "Of course, you're my only baby, so I've studied you pretty well".

  "Nice, let's have a seat dad".

  "What would you like to be served?".

  "Last I checked, this is my father's house, so I can probably make myself feel at home", she joked.

  "Sure sure, go on" he laughed.

  "Yeah, when I want to".

  "So what's with the unexpected visit and you not being so good".

  "I just felt it's been a while so I decided to check on you. And well, I've been too stressed these days going through some hard times in my relationship life and at work, dad, I'm tired".

  "Ohh, is anything going on between your boyfriend and yourself?",

   She briefly explained to her dad what it was with Hayden's mother and Hayden himself. How she felt she had been trying to cope but it went over the edge and she couldn't cope any longer.

   "So I broke up with him today".

  "Wow that was something there baby girl. I don't know if I should have adviced you to have been more calm or cherish your idea since you should only do what will make you happy. Your happiness comes first, you should understand that. Just exercise a bit of patience when needed", he warned.

   "If mum were here, she should probably have some advice", Keila noted with pain in her voice.

  She watched her dad's countenance grow sad on her behalf so she changed the topic.

   "Anyhow, I'm all good now, I should just start afresh soon since I'm getting older", she smiled at herself reassuringly.

  "Last I spoke to your mum, she wanted you to visit her with your fiancé".

   "Damn her, she wants my first visit to her after years, be with my fiancé", she said in disbelief.

  "Don't regard your mum that way, she said I could bring you visit but you haven't been available all these while".

   "It's fine. How has work been for you?".

  "Going smooth as usual, I like the profits from the beverages company, the sales are running so fast but the workers there are not so adequate and I'm looking forward to recruiting new workers soon to boost the sales. I just recruited a new manager about six months ago, and since he has been there, it has all improved so much, he is accountable and trustworthy too. I hope he keeps up the good work. The other two companies are running fine too but it's not so fast, so I've been more busy there than at the beverage company".

  "Good job there dad, but please don't stress yourself too much, you are not getting any younger too, yunno".

  "Yeah I'm watching myself too. Lest I forget, you talked about your work being so stressful too", he reminded her.

  She worked against telling her daddy the managing director was about to sack her for not having a relationship with a client to boost the company's record, he was going to take the case up.

  "Yeah, the work is just being too much lately that I no longer have time for myself anymore, I'm having a really hard time. Yunno I'm not lazy but this is just extraordinary", she exaggerated.

  "Oh well, what do you plan to do?".

  "Quit".

  "Have you seen a job elsewhere?, or what about you take over the beverage company, and take my place there so I can as well focus on the other two companies. It's been difficult without your mum", her dad said unexpectedly though.

  "That's sudden, I will think about it dad and get back to you. Thanks a lot for always being there".

  "No thanks little".

  "I'm no longer little dad" she whined.

  "You're still my little daughter".

  "Fine, I got you these", she pointed to the plenty paper bags on the table.

  "Thanks a lot, you didn't have to though".

  "If I don't, who else should?".

   He just smiled knowingly.

  "Stay till dinner time, let's have dinner together, we could go out, it's been a while"

  "Sure dad", she said feeling happy.

******
Dad sure got your back Keila😊, but what's up with your mum?🤷‍♂️

Kaptaine Babbitt ❤️