FIFTY-TWO✔️

******

  Keila's POV.

  Funny how I have hated these last few months of my life and now, just now, I don't seem to care anymore. It's not like I'm not hurt or whatever, yeah everyone loves to get to make their own choice and my father made mine at a very crucial point but don't I get to be happy it's turning out better than I expected?. Hell it could have been worse, so I'm all smiles right now as I speak with Hamilton over phone.

  "I trust your choice and Lexy's but you sure can get something better than those right?", he said as if worried I haven't gotten what he liked yet.

  Currently Lexy and I went shopping for my wedding stuffs and I sent pictures of the newest styles of wedding dresses I saw to him but Hamilton wasn't pleased. He said I could do better and rather playfully I've been frustrated with him so I want him to not have a say in this anymore.

  Why include him in the first instance right?, cause it was Lexy's perfect idea of making us get better in communication. Yeah, so she insisted. And I've had to show him the four already made dresses I've loved so far and he isn't satisfied. I really quit.

  "Of course we can, so I will get back to you later, yeah?", I say and managed to hold back a laugh.

  It was funny cause he was interested in helping me choose since I involved him and just now, I don't want him to anymore. Getting back to him later should happen when I'm finally home.

  "I guess then. Be good babe"

  "You too, thanks"

  Not just thanks for caring but for taking care of the bills too, LOL.

"I'm really sorry for the inconvenience but can I see another dress, the ones so far are lovely but I don't mind going deeper", I say to the attendant to make sure she is not feeling bad.

  Lexy isn't here right now because she excused when Hamilton called to go and check some shoe collections.

  "Sure Miss, your satisfaction remains our pleasure", she repeated for the third time that day to me.

  "Thanks"

  "Follow me, I got this", She said smiling more than normal.

  I walked after her into another room sparsely filled with wedding dresses. Sparsely because there were just four on display and immediately I saw that one, I knew I wasn't going for anything less.

  "Fuck, I want that", I gasped and pointed while she nodded.

  "I knew you would love it", she said touching the material smoothly and pulling it off.

  "It is beautiful, of course anyone would want that", so far I haven't seen a dress that beat this or it just was my taste.

  "We had only two sets and someone just got the other one when you were on a call and I figured since you had trouble choosing some, you might want that. I'm not wrong", the young attendant said.

She really was lively and well keeping up with me so far made me form a liking for her.

  "Oh wow, the person does have a good taste too", I commented dryly.

  "Common, you need to try this on", she said the dress in hand and leading the way to the dressing room.

It was closed with a glass door though not transparent but the person inside could see through to the outside section. The attendant opened the door sideways, and only after muttering an apology to the person who was trying out a white dress did it occur to me that it was Wanda, trying the almost exact type of the dress I had ready to try also. Just then, the glass door closed again with me in shock.

  "I'm sorry, we can go to another dressing room", the attendant said to me with a look of apology although I didn't get why, and I nodded following after her.

*****

  I had tried the dress, decided I wanted it, found Lexy and now letting her pick me some jewelries  while I wordlessly stared at Wanda and Miles, I'm not wrong.

  They were talking to another attendant after paying for the wedding dress I had seen her try on. I got a nudge from Lexy and gave her a questioning look.

  "Go over to them if you have an explanation", she said offering me a smile.

  I already told her who they were and I was glad her expression still remained calm cause it seemed to calm me.

  "I really don't have one".

  "But saying sorry wouldn't hurt right?".

  "Yeah", I answered with difficulty.

  "I got this under control, so do what's right"

  Giving me a last pathetic look, I walked away from Lexy to Miles and Wanda. I had been wrong to plan their downfall and just now it seemed they were on the line of those waiting to get married.

"Miles, Wanda", I say to them while they both snapped their heads towards me at the same time.

  Miles was still good at hiding a bit of feelings and since we had met once before now, he wasn't really shocked. But Wanda, I couldn't miss the look of contempt in her eyes.

  "Hi", she said back first.

  "Hey Miss Keila", Miles said and I closed my eyes in embarrassment.

  I was a boss he had been formal to and I stopped so low to.....

"I...uh...well...uh...just saw you around and I thought I might say hi", I say to my own surprise that I managed to get a good word out.

  "You good?", he asked me.

  "Yeah and you guys?"

  "Good", they chorused.

  "And congrats", I try again, out of words.

  "Thanks", Wanda answered.

  "I see you deserve a congrats too since this place is only to shop wedding stuffs, not here for someone else right?", Miles asked

"Nah", I answered sadly because I imagined what they could have been thinking about me.

  Not even up to a year of pulling stunts with them, I'm getting married but I shook the thought aside.

"Congrats too", Wanda said offering me a smile that didn't really help.

  "Thank you and I'm really sorry for what I did to you guys".

  "Long gone and forgiven", Miles said.

"I'll rather we not talk about this cause it's not what I want to remember and trust me we are cool Keila", his fiancée said.

I smiled gratefully but before I could add anything, Wanda chipped in....

"So what date?"

"25th day in August", I answered

"12th day in August", she answered my unasked question.

******

Those dates cause it's my nephew and niece's.😊

Kaptaine Babbitt❤️