THIRTY-SIX✔️

*******

Keila rushed home to take a quick shower and get changed before making the appointment with Camilla.

She drove her car which she left at her dad's when they were going to visit Dawn.

On driving into her compound, she didn't notice at first but she soon came around sighting the black Jeep that flashed its light at her arrival.

She packed hurriedly and came down with brows creased, she waited for Lexy to come over. She could recognize her best friend's car.

Keila debated in her head if it was really right to call Lexy her best friend but shook the though off when Lexy neared her.

"Hey", Lexy greeted first expecting no warm welcome from Keila initially.

"Hi".

"I'm not fine with the way things are between us", she started straight to the point.

Keila glanced at her watch and saw she had about 30 minutes left to catch up with Camilla. She wanted to flare up but held hers self under control.

"I don't know what that's got to do with me Lexy. I didn't cause it, your over knowing self disrupted the flow of things".

"Be reasonable Kei, yunno as much as I do that I care about you and I wouldn't want you going the wrong way".

"You always can't know the wrong way missy".

"I know right but...".

"But what..., spare me Lex, I'm too busy for all this craps".

"Fine I'm sorry".

Suddenly the air of guilt looming around Keila lifted and she felt her pride resurrecting once more. For Lexy to have made the first move, she wasn't wrong in any way then.

"You're sorry?, oh wow, I never thought you will realize you were wrong. Don't try to lecture me always Lex, it pisses me off if for once you can't take my side and you're supposed to be my best friend, I really just stopped understanding you since you started proving difficult, no wonder...."

Lexy, feeling offended, cut her short. She wouldn't succumb to Keila's talks just to get them on the right track, what needed to be kept right should be, and if not she was ready to listen to her, they would leave the friendship hanging.

"Hold it Keila".

"Don't shun me or else you get the hell out of my house. I don't have much to do with you", she shouted in frustration.

"Sooner or later, you will realize what you're doing", Lexy snapped.

"Get the hell out or I call the cops, you motherfucking asshole".

"Good right, and this would be the last time I set my foot in here".

"Good riddance to you", Keila said watching her get into her car and drive out.

She huffed and cursed Lexy under her breaths, she didn't want to be late, she reminded herself.

*****

Seating over a table of soda with Camilla corrected the wrongs in her day. She immediately got to business.

"I expect the job to be done already Camy", she said with agitation in her voice.

To her, it already took too long than expected. She had the urge to really put Miles in place as soon as possible.

"Fuck Keila, don't you think this was easy to do without getting suspected or caught".

"I paid you Camilla!, and you are supposed to be getting experts to do it, if you're not risking to do it yourself just to get that large sum be yours".

"What does that mean?", Camilla asked already annoyed.

"Whatever".

Camilla flung a brown paper to Keila on the table, Keila discarded the rude act just to get down with the brown paper. She opened it and a smile lined her beautiful face.

She noted that it was really a job well done, Miles' girlfriend was now caught in the act and she was going to use it to get her way. She decided to take actions two days after, so that it wouldn't appear to Miles that she was watching out for his girlfriend.

"Nice one Camy, I was expecting this, and I hope it was a clean job".

"Hundred, sorry, I have to leave now".

"So quick?".

"Yeah", she muttered the next words, "and I hope after one last time, we don't get to meet again".

"What?", Keila queried.

"Nothing, see ya", Camilla smirked and walked off.

Nonetheless, feeling satisfied, Keila grabbed her soda, which she barely touch, firmly kept the brown paper in her bag and walked off to her car.

******

Now congrats Keila, you got what you wanted, durrrr. And what is Camilla up to?🤨.

Kaptaine Babbitt ❤️