NINE✔️

*******

   Hayden was confused. He didn't know what was wrong and why she no longer showed she wanted to talk to him.

   Keila had been giving him attitudes for quite a while now. She spoke with no much enthusiasm and barely had long conversations with him.

   He tried to make most time for her but it was as if it wasn't enough. He was not ready to loose his girlfriend though. He was going to ask her to marry him when he finished whatever he had to do in another man's country. But wouldn't his dreams be shattered before then?, he thought. With how stuffs were between them, he wasn't so sure.

    Their break was in two weeks time and he wasn't going to hesitate going back home, mainly to see his girlfriend. He hoped things didn't worsen in two weeks. He knew it wasn't easy being so faraway from each other, cause he fought every temptation and doubts in single thoughts but she was a girl, he reasoned.

   He rang her up for the third time and she still didn't pick the call. He was worried since Keila had her phone with her most times. Hayden hated the idea of third parties, so he didn't inform her parents or her best friend whom he knew very well. Before he could think further, her call came back in.

  "Hayden", she said in a rather sad tone.

  "What's wrong baby?", he asked feeling too concerned already.

  "I don't know", she answered in the most truthful manner. "I'm sorry I missed your call, I was having a shower, I called back immediately I saw the missed calls".

  Hayden was satisfied that she wasn't trying to avoid him, so he didn't press that matter.

  "So what's the matter with you?".

  "I don't think I'm safe anymore, for all I know, you've been gone for a while now and....and...I'm not sure"

  "Not sure of what babe?", he was starting to get what she was driving at but hopefully she wouldn't break up with him.

  "I don't know how best to explain my feelings right now but all I need from you is to assure me you aren't going to leave me, let me know that you will come back for me, and not with another girl, tell me you still love me like before and distance isn't going to ruin things, promise me you......", she started getting too edgy for his own self.

  "Shhhh, it's fine my love. My actions might not be enough to prove all this to you but I swear with my life that you will continue to be my priority as long as I'm living".

  "You shouldn't swear", Keila corrected.

  "But I don't know how else I can reassure you, look, I won't toy with your feelings or come back with another girl. Our break is in two weeks time and the break still lasts for two weeks. I will come home and spend it all with you. I've really missed you and I assure you that I won't forget you, never, I might be busy, but in very little while, all this will be over and we will be together again. You will wait for me right?", he asked hopefully.

  Keila had every urge to say she would wait but another part kept nagging at her, can you truly wait?.

  "Yeah baby, I will ", she answered and earned a sigh of relief from Hayden.

  But she knew it was more mere words than what her action could prove.

  "Thank you, you don't know what those words did to me", Hayden muttered.

  She smiled a bit.

  "So have you had dinner?", she asked him.

  "Speaking with you alone has erased the thought of dinner but I will eat probably after night class".

  "You know eating late is bad for your self right?".

  "I have no much choice ".

  "You do have a choice Hay, please be safe for me okay?".

  "Sure love".

  "Looking forward to seeing you in two weeks time ", she said expectantly.

  "God keep us till then. I have to go now gumdrop".

  "Okay, talk to you tomorrow then, bye".

  "Bye", Hayden said and hanged up.

      ********
   Keila and Lexy drove in her car to the airport. Hayden was coming home that day and she was going to receive him. She had invited her friend along feeling more happy than normal.

  "If you drive a little bit faster, we aren't far from an accident", Lexy warned because of the speed at which Keila drove.

  "I can't afford to be late to get him, the journey must be tiring".

  "And he wouldn't afford to loose you, so calm your nerves".

  She seemed to reduce her speed and drive with more care. I'm about ten minutes, they were at the airport. The plane had just arrived when she got there. Hurriedly, she collected herself together and threw the keys at Lexy to lock after herself, then she ran off.

   Lexy watched in dismay as she smiled. She locked the door and she went in the direction Keila had passed. Then she saw them far off, engulfed in a warm hug, she didn't feel like interrupting their moment, so she maintained her stand and waited for them to finish.

   Soon, they drew closer to her and she could see Keila crying like a Kid. She nearly laughed if not that the moment was touching.

  "Hi Lexy", Hayden said as he disengaged himself from Keila and gave Lex a bear hug.

  "How was the journey?", Lexy asked in response.

  "Smooth, I could wait to land", he joked.

  "I missed you so much baby", Keila said for the twentieth time since they met that day.

  "I missed you more honey".

  "The car is over there".

  They went ahead to put his box in the boot and entered the car. Hayden offered to drive since it had been a while for him. They joked about his competency after some months.

   He drove them to his place where they did a bit of chores since it had been a while the place was used. After they were done, Keila announced that she had made different dishes back at her place for his homecoming.

  "Let me excuse the moment, we could eat together some other time ", Lexy said.

  "Nope, you do want to taste my delicious Mog Balls right?", she teased.

   Lexy could die for Keila's homemade Mog Balls, so that tempted her to wait. They had both found the initiative to make the special dish due to an error in cooking, but the mistake paid off and soon became their own favorite. Just that Keila became better at cooking it and didn't hesitate to get Hayden to love it.

  "I won't pass this ", she said and they burst out laughing.

   Soon they got to her place, and Hayden enjoyed is homecoming in the company of his girlfriend and her best friend. After Lexy left, they stayed for a while before he asked Keila to accompany him to see his parents s

  "But we aren't engaged, so I shouldn't see them too much", she made a stupid excuse.

  She was usually shy whenever he mentioned going to see his parents and therefore felt reluctant to go. It really made her uncomfortable.

  "Well, I have engaged you because I want to marry you. They are aware you are my girlfriend and would like to see you", he pleased finally gaining her consent.

  He waited for her to get dressed up before they drove to his parents place. He almost regretted having to take her along, she took hours trying to find what she thought would suit his parent.

*********

Welcome home Hayden!, have a nice time home.

Kaptaine Babbitt ❤️