THIRTY-NINE✔️

*******

  After managing a tough drive home, Keila changed and did her facial cleansing and wash. She changed to her pajamas and loosing appetite for dinner which she actually hadn't taken, she jumped in bed.

   She tucked herself in and couldn't think straight. She cursed Miles, Wanda and especially Camilla. She knew their friendship was over. She was betrayed, they set her up, Lexy warned her, she was embarrassed greatly.

  All these went through Keila's mind as she watched what happened in her mind's television again.

  Not knowing when she burst into silent sobs, she only realized when she had begun to cry, while she sat up in bed. She couldn't face any of them again, it was too much for her to bear.

  She was caught in her first bad act. She needed someone to talk to, someone to console her, someone she could trust and not feel like a bad person to. But she had no one.

  Her father would scold her but not judge her, she still wasn't so close to her mum to let it out, and the only option was Lexy.

  No!, she was resolved not to meet her for help. She had not been good to Lexy and she couldn't start running to her in time of need. A part of her told her Lexy wouldn't mind but be glad to have her back, but was she ready to say what she did to Lexy?, her friend will definitely start being careful about her.

   Keila cried till her eyes were red and her face sore. It took a very long time to sleep and she was not surprised when she woke up late the next morning.

  She didn't feel like going to work. She would try her possible best to avoid Miles no matter what and she would keep her face clean of dirt like she never had any feat with him.

  Still without appetite, she got ready for work not minding the time. She was ready for a hard day anyways.

     ********

  "Congratulations Lexy", he was really happy for her.

  "Thanks Hayden", she sounded very happy too and he imagined how it would have been if Keila was congratulated for getting married to him, but he smiled at the thought like it wasn't more of his concern anymore.

  "I have gotten over her", he assured himself and continued to talk to Lexy over phone. She had called him to inform him about her wedding ceremony in three days time, he knew he was going to miss it anyways, but he was glad she let him know.

  "My regards to James", he finished.

  "Oh yeah, thanks a lot for the time. I hope I am not disturbing".

  He laughed, "not at all".

  "I'm glad".

  He couldn't resist asking after his ex-fiancée. It had been quite a long while they had spoken to each other or were aware of each other's wellbeing.

  "How about your friend, trust you guys making the utmost plans for your big day"

  "What if I say that hasn't being possible?".

  "I will find it hard to believe".

  "But you have to", she laughed. "Since we started having some problems, she is just too adamant on going her way and when I don't feel right with it, I just won't keep quiet and let her do the wrong thing. But on one occasion, it was worse and she cut me off. She even blocked my number on her phone and I haven't been able to reach her. I guess we are done, and I'm sure my day can also be a success without her. It would have been a plus though, to have her by my side".

  "Fuck, I'm sorry. I don't know but my guts keep telling me this started because of me".

  "I would say NO, what is meant to be will be and also it's just not you. She was wrong about you, probably that's just what she also gave way to".

   "I'm very sorry Lex".

  "Stop it, I'm cool. We can't force relationships yunno. If it won't work, we cut it off".

  "I sincerely hope you guys settle your scores soon, you're one of the best of friends I know, and I wish Keila just wasn't so stubborn".

  "It's cool. I won't keep you any longer. Take care of yourself and if we already have another girl, I want to know", she whined.

  "Girlll, nah, it's really hard", he laughed and suddenly his mind went to Rowena, he couldn't help but smile. They had become close friends and he always tried not to put his mind ahead between them.

  "Fine, you're not getting any younger though. So, I'm not tryna sound somehow, but Hayden, you need to move on".

  "I will, thanks".

  He waited for her to end the call after bye.

   *****

   She got into the office, greeted the secretary and walked off to her own office with a heavy heart. She didn't come across Miles and she was very glad about that.

  She sat down and rested her head on her seat. She was interrupted by her P.A.

  "Good morning madam".

  "Morning", she answered unconsciously.

  "You have a letter", she pointed to the envelope on her table, lying on a clear space.

  "Thanks, you may go".

  After ignoring it for more than 30 minutes she finally took it, to check the content.

  Shock paralyzed her for the moment but then again she tried to reason for the best. She should have been expecting it.

  Miles had drop a letter of resignation, also opting for transfer to another of the company's branches. He couldn't stand her anymore and had wanted to leave. He had an option of transfer which she was going to oblige, and never have anything to do with him again.
   Immediately she contacted her father, who still headed the other branches, giving reasons for the transfer of her company's managing director, reasons that weren't genuine.

  She was her father's daughter anyways. So he granted her request and she asked words be sent back to Miles that he was transferred. Another Managing Director would be sent over the next day.

****

Congrats Lexy🥰

Kaptaine Babbitt ❤️