FORTY-TWO✔️

*****

"Congratulations once again, best friend", Keila said, the last word sounding very different.

  The party was not fully over but they had left, Keila wanted them to talk. James and Lexy would travel that evening, so she needed to sort things out quickly or she might not rest for the next one month.

  "Thanks a whole lot", Lexy smiled, not fully getting over what Keila did to her, she had been very hurt, and to even get slapped in the face because she wanted to help her.

  "I'm very sorry, I should have listened to you. I shouldn't have been bad to you. I've been the worst friend Lex, I'm fucking sorry".

  "It's fine. I'm just glad you had to realize your mistakes sooner. I'm sorry too".

  "You shouldn't be sorry big head", Keila smiled using the back of her hand to clean her tears.

  "So what happened?".

  "Uhh, this is embarrassing ", she laughed humorlessly.

  "You can tell me, yunno I won't judge you or laugh at you, you deserve it though".

  "Fuck you".

  "Yeahhhh".

  "After I hastily broke up with Hayden, which was because there was a new guy I started to think about, Miles, I got too drawn in. Coincidentally he was the guy I once told you about that took me to the hospital".

  "Oh heavens, the unknown savior?".

  "Yeah. He was the Managing Director at daddy's beverage company that he let me head. So that was one opportunity to get too close to him. I dunno what it is but I thought I fell in love with him but he has a girlfriend, I know her. When he wouldn't pay attention to me, I devised a plan. I once saw his girlfriend with a guy at a restaurant, she was uneasy. I thought she was cheating and afraid to be caught. I decided to have a proof to show Miles, hoping he was going to be done with her immediately and start to notice me. As God would have it, to teach me a bitter lesson, I confided in Camilla, she knew Miles and his girlfriend. They set me up and I was very embarrassed when I asked him on a date hoping to show him my evidence, yunno how the stuff goes", she ended on a sad tone.

  "That was a lot, I really wasn't brought along. I just knew there was this guy you were going crazy for and all that. He let you do crazy stuffs, you should be more careful next time. Love cant be forced, and you shouldn't go extra miles to make some people sad just because you want to be happy. It's fine, sorry about it babe".

  "Nah, it was all my fault, I should have confided in you and be more careful. You are the very best friend I can ever have".

  "Good, I'm glad you're back".

  "I still feel sorry I treated you the way I did. And I almost forgot what today was but James has a cousin who works at my place, she was the God-sent, else I wouldn't have forgiven myself if I had missed the day we always planned together".

  They both laughed..

  "You didn't even make plans with me but I'm glad we can celebrate in each other's company".

  "Yeah sure".

  Just then, James walked over to them, he had a good countenance on.

  "Hey Keila".

  "James, I'm hope you've forgiven me for how bad I was to your wife also..", she said instead.

  "It's fine. I should have always expected you guys to be together again. I'm glad, but you really put my wife through a lot", he said bending half way to kiss Lexy's forehead.