THIRTY-SEVEN✔️

*******

  Hayden and his friends left the club house after about two hours of having fun and when they were going, Rowena came after Hayden.

The others excused saying they will go before him. He felt betrayed cause he didn't want to talk with Rowena but he had no choice.

  "Can we....walk home together", she asked as if expecting a NO for an answer.

"What other choice have I?", he asked knowing they went along the same way, but he didn't know her place.

Since she already moved away from their apartment, he just got words that she still lived around.

  "Oh well", she smiled nervously.

  They both went silent after a while, so Hayden spoke up first.

  "I understand you no longer live at the Harmony House, so where do you stay now?".

  He didn't ask so he could really know or go looking for her, but he was wondering if they were compatible to walk home together.

  "Oh that, I live the street next to yours".

  "Why did you move out?".

  "Would you believe me, if I told you you were the reason".

  "Me?, why?".

  "I felt guilty after that night's incidence, I was drunk but I didn't appear so, I wanted to apologize but I knew you never would believe me. You stopped talking to me anyways, and I felt miserable because... I like you Hay".

  He felt dumbstruck at her confession but he acted composed. He didn't know why we would like him, because truth be told he didn't like her any bit since she wronged him.

  "Damn well", he started trying to avoid her last statement. "With your drunken self, you ruined a part of my own life, you weren't careful. And what if it wasn't me you approached seductively, and another person had taken the opportunity, you would have come back to yourself realizing what a fool you had been. Don't get drunk if you can't handle it, and avoid peer pressure if that's why you will have to", he lectured.

  "I did realize that and I still keep being glad it was you, I've been saved after that. Thank you for refusing".

  "I didn't just refuse, I had principles that made me refuse your intentions, it's fine anyways, we can just change the topic", he said almost immediately regretting because he didn't know what they had to talk about.

  "Okay, mind me asking how I ruined you, you seem bitter about that?".

  He avoided answering her truthfully lest she start taking the cue to act in place of Keila since she already said she liked him.

  "It's nothing anyways, I got over it already".

  "I'm really sorry Hayden. Uhhh, we can be friends now right?", she smiled.

  Hayden smiled too, he didn't know why. Maybe her genuine act got him.

  "Sure", he muttered and he couldn't help noticing her blush, they walked silently after that till they got to his place first.

  It was late, and Hayden felt himself reluctant to leave her to go home alone.

  "Goodnight", Rowena said and not waiting for him to answer, she started off briskly.

  "Hey wait", he called out against himself.

  She stopped and looked at him, "let me walk you home".

  She blushed again hiding her face, he was embarrassed himself and had to clear a bit of air.

  "Yunno it's late, I wouldn't want to take a blame if something goes wrong".

  She just smiled and watched him walk towards her and just discussing random stuffs, like what they came to do at the club, they soon got to her place.

  "Thank you so much Hayden, you should head back now".

  "Yeah bye", he said and walked away.

  Rowena stood looking at him after he was long gone, she was happy she had at least accomplished something she didn't expect that day.

  After she felt shivers from the cold night wind, she walked in hastily.

    ******

  All through the night, Keila couldn't sleep. She kept wondering how to make a perfect scene with the picture she had with her, she wanted it clean. She didn't fail to realize Miles would ask her how she came about it. She planned to tell him she came upon them by accident and took a picture, which she took for a better edit and then made a hard copy. She would ask him on a date, she concluded.

  The thing with her was she loved moments alone with him, it seemed to make her feelings resurrect for him and the feeling was sweet to her.

   It was morning already. Expecting too much from that day, Keila went by her duties hurriedly and willed the time would be so quick. She dressed in a black suit and trousers with a wine shirt and her heels, made her hair, and used a heavy make over. She wondered if she would have time to come back home for a change to the date, and if in case she didn't, she wanted to make herself still look more attractive.

  She went to work early as usual and tried to see when Miles would come out of his office if he was there already. The clock kept ticking and she wasn't patient anymore, she went to meet him.

  After a knock, she heard him say "come in".

  She walked in and he looked up to see who was at the door, he cursed under his breath but maintained a composed self.

  "Good morning Miss Keila".

  "Morning Miles".

  "Have your seat please".

  "Thanks", she did and watched him work for some time.

  "Uhhh, Can I help you?".

  "Not really. Can we have dinner together today?".

  "Oh, I'm a little busy".

  "Don't turn me down Miles, just this once".

  "And I bet after now you will be the one begging to go out with me", Keila thought in her head with a smug smile.

  "Okay ma'am ", he managed a smile.

  "Thank you, 5pm I hope".

  "My dinner isn't until 6pm".

  "We could catch up on a movie", she suggested.

  "Nah, sorry. I will just go home and change".

  Keila blushed, feeling very successful, he is trying to impress me, she thought and smiled.

  "I will leave you to your work then", she stood up .

  "I don't mind".

  She walked out gracefully feeling already accomplished. She had never wanted a guy this urgently and since it happened already, she wanted a success story.

*******

Thirty seven😊. About 15 chapters to go🥰

Kaptaine Babbitt ❤️