THIRTY-EIGHT✔️

********

  She had a hard time sleeping, as she kept remembering how the evening went for her. If someone had told her she would have a chance to be on his better side again, she would have sworn it wasn't possible like it had happened.

  She blushed and turned effortlessly on her bed, giggling.

   Alaina, her roommate came in and she didn't failed to notice.

  "Hey".

  "Hiiiiii", she slurred not looking at her.

  "Rowena, what's up with you?", she asked sitting up on her own bed.

  "What?", she sat upright and kept a straight face. "Nothing, don't I look good?".

  "Nah, you're fine but you look more like you're too happy".

  "Ohh", she slapped her face and smiled.

  "Hmmn", Alaina answered and picked up her phone. "You came home unusually late and happy. That was quick to notice the way you ran in with your face pink".

  "Get the hell", she laughed.

  "Where'd you go?".

  "Out with colleagues at a club and.....", she paused licking her lips like one fantatising. She blushed again.

  "And?", Alaina asked observing her.

  "I ran into Hayden", she laid back on the bed and kept picturing the evening scene.

  Alaina waited for her to say more and when she didn't, she herself proceeded.

  "What's wrong with running into him, last I remember, he was hating you for some misunderstandings you guys had and I know you used to like him. Here you are giggling like you still do. I need some clarifications".

  "Dumbass, well we talked a bit at the club but we walked home together, so we talked better. We got to his place first and just when I was about to walk home alone, he asked to escort me, blah blah blah it's wrong to let me go alone this late, but can't you feel some chemistry babeee", she whined.

  Alaina smiled and shook her head at Rowena, throwing a pillow to her face to make her get normal playfully.

  "Hmm that's nice, hopefully he doesn't hate you anymore".

  "He doesn't", she said abruptly. "We are friends now".

    ********

  Dressed in a black dinner gown and heels, with red lipgloss and bag, little facial cleansing and make over, Keila checked herself out again. She thought she looked classy enough and wouldn't intimidate Miles.

  He would be up to the task too, she was sure. At least he brought about the idea of going to get changed at home. Checking the time to be on a safer side, she walked out calmly, checking if her evidence was intact and then drove out of her compound.

   She had been thoughtful to ask Miles choose the location, but he acted a gentleman and gave it up for her. She was extremely happy. She told him 6pm was fine and she knew him to be strict with time.

  So she decided to delay herself a while so he would be there before she was and that would make it a better scene. That sounded proper, she shouldnt get there before him, she concluded and driving slower than usual, she got there minutes past six.

  Getting down from her car and into the building, she looked around and saw a hand waving towards her, it was Miles, but what she couldn't fail to realize was the blond petite sitting beside him.